Client Accounts Assistant / Service Charge Assistant - London W1 / West End - £30k - £35k
My client is a long established firm of Chartered Surveyors providing wide ranging property consultancy services across Prime Central London.
Within their recently restructured accounting team, an opportunity has now arisen for a Client Accounts Assistant / Service Charge Assistant to assist with the following duties alongside the senior accountant: -
1. Raise charges and demands via prompts from automatic reporting produced weekly.
2. Monthly Bank Reconciliations on QUBE system.
3. Reporting - SC Year end Audit Packs, Owner Statements run at fund level, Debtors, Bank statement, Bank rec each fund.
4. Budgets - To load budget and raise charges via instruction received from PM. Budget added at fund level and periodic charge calculated and raised.
5. Monitoring all cash balances, moving service charge/rent funds to correct accounts.
6. Production and submission of quarterly VAT returns to HMRC.
7. Updating and maintaining the property management accounting systems and other databases
8. Service Charge Accounting - generating balancing charges when required.
9. Ensuring New suppliers meet criteria and setting them up on the database, ensuring that database is kept up to date (e.g. chasing PI insurance upon expiry and not paying invoices until received)
10. Allocation of incoming queries via workflow, Landlord payments and queries.
11. Liaising with leaseholders and clients regarding service charge and rental accounting queries, ensuring that they are logged on QUBE and updated through to closure.
The suitable Client Accounts Assistant / Service Charge Assistant will come from a stable career background, have broad accounting experience, have a good working knowledge of Qube (essential), excellent communication skills and a dedication to good customer service.
Salary for the successful Client Accounts Assistant / Service Charge Assistant will range from £30k - £35k to start with ongoing training and progression.
Given our client's west end location, suitable Client Accounts Assistant / Service Charge Assistants should live within commuting range of W1 as the position works full time office based Monday to Friday.
If you're a Client Accounts Assistant / Service Charge Assistant who meets the above criteria, resides in a suitable location and would like to express your interest or find out more, please apply now for immediate consideration and further info