Global Workplace Solutions is a division of CBRE providing integrated solutions across large multi-discipline property portfolios. We are an organisation that has people at the heart of its culture and our aim for this account is to deliver an exceptional service to BT.
Our BT Workplace team provide a full range of building maintenance services to their 8,000 buildings in the UK, from commercial offices and telephone exchanges to call centres and retail shops.
We encourage new ways of working, driving innovation, whilst always living to our RISE values.
The role: Engineering Technician (A/C)
The purpose of our Engineering Technician (A/C) role is to support the Area Facilities Manager providing a reactive and planned preventative maintenance service to building engineering systems and services at various sites in accordance with laid down procedures and safe working practices.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
* Maintain refrigeration and air conditioning systems and undertake PPM routines as assigned.
* Delivery of small works projects as instructed by the FSM and in association with the Projects and Construction team.
* Ensure that all repairs and installations are undertaken in compliance with applicable regulations.
* Assist in project hand-over and 'snagging' of new installations to ensure refrigeration and air conditioning systems are fit for purpose and suitable for ease of maintenance.
* Ensure that all test equipment is calibrated, suitably maintained and meets current regulations.
* Complete suitable risk assessments for reactive and planned maintenance tasks to ensure safe working at all times.
* Diagnose faults on equipment and repair as necessary using manufacturer's manuals and drawings as required.
* Liaise with the Customer Service Centre (CSC) and FSM, to ensure appropriate response to planned and reactive tasks.
* Ensure Site Log Books are completed and updated in accordance with procedures.
* Produce reports as required for the FSM
* Maintain stock levels of spares as required
* Participate in an Emergency Call Out service as required in accordance with the Out of Hours Rota.
* Other relevant duties consistent with the general requirements of BT Facilities Services service delivery as directed by line management
* Accountable for the completion of standard or non-standard tasks within own area
* Acts as part of a team to deliver activities which support operational objectives
* Manages a variety of tasks and is able to plan accordingly within the short-term
* Makes decisions within parameters set by line manager using job/specialist experience
* May be subject to regular local supervision of progress against results and escalates issues when required
* Interacts with stakeholders around specific work efforts and deliverables
* Supports delivery of Health and Safety policy and standards
* Oversee the activities of others to meet deadlines and quality standards taking account of impact outside area of responsibility.
* Supports the identification of ways to reduce cost
* Has awareness of cost/benefit as applicable to tasks performed
* May work within a given budget.
* Must have completed an apprenticeship or an equivalent formal training programme in air conditioning and refrigeration installation and maintenance that includes sufficient relevant practical experience and theoretical knowledge to enable assessment as competent.
* Must hold a City & Guilds 2079 Level 2 Award in F Gas and ODS Regulations: Category 1 or equivalent.
Desirable (in addition to the above):
* Hold a Level 3 NVQ diploma in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (Commercial & Industrial Air Conditioning Systems) or equivalent.
* Manual Handling
* Asbestos Awareness
* Confined space working
* Roof Working
Our mission: To build a world-class business through exceptional service and exceptional people
We act with consideration for others' ideas and share information openly to inspire trust and encourage collaboration.
No one individual, no one deal, no one client, is bigger than our commitment to our company and what we stand for.
We approach our clients' challenges with enthusiasm and diligence, building long-term relationships by connecting the right people, capital and opportunities.
We focus relentlessly on creating winning outcomes for our clients, employees and shareholders