Looking for an Engineer based in Reading/Slough/North London.
Looking for an engineer that is predominately good at servicing / breakdowns / problem solving but must have at least quarterly testing certification on either washer disinfectors or sterilisers. Applicants that do not have the basic qualifications need not apply.
This candidate must have an eye for detail, courteous, want to push themselves to exceed expectation, be expected to travel throughout the UK and stay away (generally it can range from 4-8 nights away a month).
Salary bracket, depending on experience/qualifications : £37-£40k.
How you will contribute
In this key position your focus will be on providing excellent service to our customers in the areas of medicine and pharmaceutical industry. Your main responsibilities will include:
* Performing scheduled preventive services of company machines as well as validation tests according to the Industry Standards
* Perform the Installation Qualification (IQ), Operation Qualification (OQ) and Performance Qualification procedures to check everything is installed and working correctly
* Train the operators to use the machines correctly and train the hospital engineers to maintain the machines to a basic level
* Fix issues that arise on site or via the service administration team and order spare parts as necessary
* Submit relevant service reports on time
* Manage the customer relationships and act as a company representative at the customer site
What you will need
* City Guilds Inspection and Testing or and equivalent electrical training (preferably with 18th edition), as well as good mechanical experience
* Experience in the Healthcare sectors is essential
* Valid Certifications in Testing of Sterilizers and Washer Disinfectors (WTM1, STM2, STM3) are an asset
* Understanding of the technical drawings and design of the products, as well as industry regulations
* Customer focus, as well as excellent problem solving and communications skills
* Flexibility (possible non-standards hours and overnight stays) as well as willingness to travel to customer sites within the UK