SCC is a leading IT services provider across the UK and EMEA; spanning 45 years of heritage and helping thousands of commercial and public sector clients adopt and evolve their use of IT over this time. Today the business generates £2.3B revenue with over 1800 employees in the UK.
With the advent of public cloud services SCC were quick to realise the importance and disruptive impact this technology would bring; it was clear that our customers and many organisations across multiple sectors need the power of Public Cloud to realise their full potential. Many businesses either lack the capacity or capability to successfully architect, deploy, manage and secure their applications on cloud infrastructure or native cloud services, or would prefer to focus on their core business rather than invest in training and maintaining the internal talent required to benefit from automation and cloud tooling.
To tackle these challenges SCC launched its "born in the cloud" brand SCC Hyperscale to demonstrate its commitment to this area of the market
At Hyperscale, every day is a fresh challenge. We live and breathe cloud technology, nurturing the industry's leading talent so we can offer the highest level of specialist expertise. Our culture is what binds us; everyone can contribute; everyone's voice matters. At Hyperscale, enjoying what we do is a serious business.
As a Public Cloud Delivery engineer you will join our core delivery team. In this role, you will be focused on the build of innovative customer solutions. Utilising your experience to input in the Low-Level Designs for customers and then bringing these solutions to life. These solutions will then be handed over to the either the customers own internal teams or our own operations team.
This role offers the chance to learn new technologies and solutions based on Azure and AWS Public Clouds. These solutions will be used to make a real difference to other business by delivering digital transformation.
The perfect candidate
• Passion for cloud technologies with a willingness to learn
• You work best in an environment of rapid change
• Open Minded, Positive, Creative, and Collaborative approach to technical problem solving
• Strong technical background in Azure and / or AWS
• Start-up mentality
• Technical achiever with strong team working skills • Public Cloud Evangelist
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure the post sales work is carried out to the highest quality and delivered on time
• Provide input into Low Level Designs
• Be responsible for the build of customer solutions within AWS and Azure
• Follow Detailed Low Level Designs in the build out of customer delivery work
• Utilise your experience to find solutions to issue identified during build
• Follow pre-defined processes and procedures in delivery of Cloud Readiness Assessments, Migrations and modernisation
• Identify key opportunists for automation, process and procedure improvements.
• Experience delivering migration projects aligned to Azure / AWS CAF principles
• Proven experience delivering of multiple infrastructure technologies: servers, middleware, databases, storage, network in the Cloud
• Knowledge of Azure and AWS Cloud Platforms features and capabilities including -
o Native Backup options
o Database services
o Microservices including Native Containers, Docker and Kubernetes
o Serverless technology including Azure Functions, AWS Lambda and Fargate
• Experience utilising infrastructure as code solutions to ensure quality and efficient delivery
• Ability to adapt and prioritise workloads to meet client objectives
• Ability to anticipate, communicate, and mitigate technical risks and issues
Success Criteria of the role
• Project delivery is consistently high quality and on time
Great to have
• Understanding of one or more programming languages
• Good understanding of DevOps practices and methods - Agile & Lean Development, CI/CD pipelines, Jenkins, Automation etc.
• Knowledge of hybrid Cloud technologies.
• Experience with ARM templates and/or Terraform
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.