We believe brilliant care starts with brilliant people and we are looking for Wellbeing Assistants/Activities Coordinators to come join our team.
Hamble Heights Care Home is a luxury 60 bed home in Southampton, Hampshire. Where we provide specialist care and support to older people delivering nursing, dementia, residential, respite, and palliative care.
We are looking for Activity Coordinators that are committed to delivering the very best support to our residents, enjoy working in a team, and are looking for their next rewarding career move
Working hours: On a rota basis which includes alternate weekends.
In return we offer activity coordinators:
· £9.72 per hour
· 28 days holiday (including bank holidays), pro rata
· Paid breaks
· Paid DBS check
· Free meals on duty
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Refer A Friend Reward scheme - earn up to £2,000 per referral
· Personalised training plan
The Activity Coordinator role
You will assist with the planning and facilitation of stimulating activities, promoting independence and choice to meet resident's needs. You will be responsible for providing a wide enough choice of activities for the residents, based on their preferences, and whilst doing this must ensure their safety, well-being, and dignity at all times.
· Identifying the activity needs and wants of residents and putting together activity plans and schedules to reflect this.
· Planning and carrying out activities for both individuals and groups and updating care plans of residents to reflect where they have chosen to take part in activities.
· Exploring appropriate methods and resources for activities.
· Organising themed events and fund-raising events, as well as outings.
· Arranging external entertainment for the residents in the Home.
· Assisting in welcoming new residents to the Home.
Other job requirements:
· Have previous experience within a similar capacity (Care, Care Assistant, Support Worker, Health Care Assistant, Activities, Activity Organiser, Event Organising).
· Have a creative flair with a range of practical skills e.g. arts & crafts.
· Ability to motivate and engage people with good negotiation skills.
· Ability to assist with planning a calendar of activities.
· Able to create an environment where customers feel able to participate and contribute ideas.
· Able to work as part of a team and individually.
Encore is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our residents and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment. Applicants to this post will be required to undertake a satisfactory Disclosure & Barring Service Check and following a change in government guidelines relating to Care Home employees. Valid proof of full vaccination against COVID-19