Software Engineering Manager (For growing MedTech / Medical Devices) - Remote in the UK £75,000 to £80,000K + benefits Role SummaryAn exciting and high quality engineering team of 7 that is growing, with this the CTO is looking to bring in an talented Software Engineering Manager.
The company is an exciting MedTech & Medical Devices specialist with over 5yrs of growth and exciting revenues delivering key clinical software and systems to help the NHS & Healthcare provide more effective, quick and effective treatments.Outline of challenges.
- Manage and grow the Software Engineering group, run the development sprints and production releases on time/budget working alongside the product development process-
Support the day to day running of the development team through stand-up meetings, sprint demos and retrospectives while providing guidance on Agile methodologies and best practice.-
Work alongside with project stakeholders to prioritise the backlog, refine user stories and plan sprints, also maintain our project risk log, clinical hazard log within our ISO9001 Quality Management System and Clinical Safety structure/framework.-
Continually improve and support the Dev teamwork in quality, business process and project docs/release evidence, and able to be planning and working towards customer audits, development process, data protection and cybersecurity controls.-
Continually improve and working with QA to ensure we maintain high standards of test coverage for all our stories.-
Try to improve, and build improved flows and remove obstacles and "noise" to improve team productivity and success-
Passionate about building good relationships across the teams and business, and help the team connect to he right people to improve their understanding of user requirements and products being delivered- Qualification and requirements and nice to have's.
Nice to have's
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other "STEM" subject.
- Experience delivering complex digital products using Agile.
- Fluent English and excellent comms skills.
- Proven Team Leading skills
- Stack is NodeJS and React so some experience across these would be nice to have, but its more about high quality engineering approach to software.
More about the role Combining Software and Leading Clinicians together to build and create deep experience and improved services. These exciting grow plans will be led by this experienced engineering manager · The platform is highly scacable application with demanding requirements for usability and accessibility across mobile and web.· The role will include leading our development team, facilitating and running all events associated with our Scrum, , working alongside project stakeholders to refine and prioritise the backlog and demonstrating compliance with appropriate quality standards.· The team is super passionate about making a difference, as the engineering team is about tech, who love to problem solve together and work together · They were a flexible team pre-covid, and they expect to continue to work remotely for most of the time, with occasional visits to the office when required. - Remote based UK role, - £75,000 to £80,000 with scope to grow- Chance to build and extend the team as the product evolves- Strong financial position and UK and global growth potential- Team of 40 and growing to 100 in 12-18 months.
- Any experience developing software for healthcare including familiarity with requirements for medical device development.
- Some Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, SharePoint and Git.
- Experience working within a Quality Management System e.g. ISO9001 would be a nice to have