Jungle Creations is an award-winning social-first publisher with offices in London and New York. The company owns and operates a number of hugely popular media brands that create and publish content across social media including; VT, Twisted, Four Nine, Craft Factory, Level Fitness and Lovimals, which together have amassed over 120 million followers. Jungle Creations exists to create ideas that get people to thrive online and in the real world. Role Purpose
We are currently looking for two Junior Writers who will work with our Editorial team to help source and create written content that is published and shared across several of the Jungle Creations brands. All of our articles are created to entertain and inform our audience and help to continue to grow our social channels.
If that sounds exciting then we look forward to hearing from you.Key Responsibilities
Essential Skills and Experience
- Writing (primarily) for Jungle's flagship brand, VT.co.
- Assisting editors source and write news and entertainment pieces, ensuring all work is written to a high standard, with a quick turnaround, and following the brands' Style Guide.
- Supporting the senior editors with sourcing and other minor editorial duties.
- Occasionally writing for the company's other brands, such as the crafts/parenting site CraftFactory.com, the women-first site FourNine.net, or our food & drink site Twisted.net.
- Following the best practices in terms of writing and formatting.
- Supporting editors to ensure all stories are factually accurate, observe copyright laws, and are finished so as to not break Facebook guidelines.
- Follow set SEO guidelines
- Once initial training has been provided, this role will also involve working multiple weekend shifts each month.
- Work collaboratively with Writers and Editors, discussing ways to improve and innovate the sites' output and growth. Overall, we want every member of the team to help to motivate and build an excited, engaged, and fast-paced media team.
- Ability to create engaging articles with the purpose of informing and entertaining our audience and generating the best possible revenue from our on-site programmatic setup.
- Ability to help grow each of our pages and the company as a whole.
- Accompany all written content with eye-catching and appropriate social creatives (featured images, titles, and social captions), driving the highest click-through possible.
- Completing articles quickly, but without harming the overall quality of the piece.
- Adhering to all set style and formatting techniques - such as SEO best practices.
- Knowledge of/willingness to learn WordPress, Crowdtangle, and Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of various social media networks, online platforms and publishing tools.
- Ability to adapt writing style to suit the tone and audience the piece requires.
- Ability to source stories and content suitable for our audience and "virality" - therefore receiving the best engagement achievable.
- Drive to hit set daily and quarterly targets, both as an individual and as part of the Editorial Team.
What we offer
- An English or Journalism degree.
- Experience writing for online publications.
- Knowledge of media law
- Basic photo editing skills
- Knowledge of SEO
- A competitive salary
- WFH allowance
- 33 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays. (pro-rata)
- 24/7 access to a confidential employee assistance program
- Bike to work scheme
- Religious holiday trade
- Volunteering leave to volunteer for a registered charity.
- Plus many social events and activities
Please apply with your CV asap. Please ensure your application demonstrate how your skills and experience meet the requirements.