Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Mechanical Design; Analysis; 3D CAD; Structural; Thermal
- Aerospace; Defence; Security; Electro-Optics; RF
- £35,000 - £46,000 + excellent bens.
- Basildon (hybrid)
We have fantastic new opportunities for Senior Mechanical Engineers to join our Integrated Sensing & Protection line of Business. We are a global high-tech company and one of the key players in Aerospace, Defence and Security. We are uniquely positioned as one of the world's top designers, developers and manufacturers of Electro-Optic Sensors, EO Seekers, Acoustic Sensors, RF Comms, RF Counter measures and Counter Unmanned Air Systems.
Your role as a Senior Mechanical Engineer will be to design, develop and support our World Leading Electro-Optic and RF Products. You will be utilising state-of-the-art methods, technology and tools to explore all aspects of the Engineering life cycle. You will interface with customers on many factors within the Engineering life cycle and liaise closely with Engineers from other disciplines.
All members of the Mechanical Engineering Team are supported in the continual development of their technical skills, including structural, thermal, model driven engineering.What you will do
- Design innovative, optimised engineering solutions taking into account all requirements including product quality, safety, reliability, testability and sustainability.
- Mechanical design and development of solutions using appropriate Engineering tools and/or methods.
- Contribute to reviews of Mechanical Designs in accordance with business and industry standards.
- Interface with numerous disciplines within the Business during the introduction of new product into the Development/Production lifecycle phase.
- Hands on involvement in practical implementation of development builds.
- Involvement in design solution verification activities e.g. input to Analysis, support to Testing, etc.
- Provide support to Root Cause Analysis and deliver effective solutions.
- Mentor, develop your peers in terms of technical knowledge and soft skills.
- Support Mechanical Leadership Team in developing improvements within Functional Process and Best Practice.
- Mechanical design and development using 3D CAD tools
- Problem solving using a structured, logical approach to investigate issues and problems in an effective cross-functional manner.
- Mechanical Engineering detailed design - extensive experience of engineering design, numerical calculations, tolerance studies, and the validation of.
- Design for 'X', including Manufacturing, Assembly, Test, Integration and Sustainability.
- Application of BS8888 and GD&T.
- Design to Unit Production Cost.
- Experience in the Aerospace and Defence sector.
- Designing for harsh environments (Land, Sea and Air), including EMC.
- Capable of producing 'First pass' structural/thermal/pressure analysis to determine if a design is fit-for-purpose (ideally PTC Simulate, Flow or Siemens NX)
- Extensive knowledge of Additive Layer Manufacturing.