Senior Legal Counsel (Real Estate) London BridgeUp to £95,000
We are looking to recruit a Real Estate Development Lawyer.
Hyde's vision is to provide a great home for everyone. Our values guide the way we operate as a business. We're customer driven, inclusive, collaborative and innovative.
As the Real Estate Development Lawyer you will oversee legal matters across a portfolio of development projects including joint venture partnerships and other investment transactions for the Hyde Group. Duties of a Senior Legal Counsel (Real Estate):
Duties will include but will not be limited to;
- Deliver legal services to the Hyde Group meeting agreed KPIs whilst ensuring value for money.
- Development constraints analysis and acquisitions of development opportunities, including residential and mixed use and urban regeneration, including title analysis, site assembly (including working with relevant authorities in the use of compulsory purchase powers), third party rights analysis including rights of light
- Acquisitions of development opportunities by way acquisitions of corporate entities and structures with preceding due diligence;
- Negotiation of acquisition terms, development agreements, overage arrangements, promotion agreements, option arrangements, concession agreements and energy services agreements;
- Negotiating co-investment arrangements including strategic partnership agreements, regeneration agreements, pre-emption agreements, joint venture agreements, service agreements (including development management agreements, housing management agreements, property services agreements, corporate service agreements)
- Advising on planning constraints, negotiating planning agreements and advising on planning compliance and obligation tracking
- Preparing residential sales and lettings documentation
- Entering into marketing and sales agency agreements
- Public grant funding agreements including and third-party debt
- Negotiating construction agreements
- General advisory work on development and investments matters.
- You must hold a valid Practising Certificate or equivalent
- Post qualification experience in mixed-use property development
- High level of commercial awareness
- Excellent drafting skills and legal acumen
- Flexibility is required to meet the organisations business needs and deadlines
- A collaborative and collegiate approach embracing the opportunity to coach and support other team members and work in a team
We offer a great flexible benefits package, the ability to engage in flexible working, 30 days annual holiday and a 35-hour working week and the opportunity to work for an organisation whose social purpose is to help provide people with a home.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to the Hyde Group's values as a social business, and critical in delivering our vision of a great home for everyone. We strive to build and nurture a culture where inclusivity is the norm and not an initiative. Many of the greatest ideas and discoveries come from a diverse mix of minds, backgrounds and experiences, and we're committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace which reflects our customer profile and where everyone is proud to be unique.
Closing date: 26th June 2022
Interviews: w/c 27th June 2022