The data engineer will be responsible for the successful delivery of a variety of software and technology solutions projects. The pace of innovation within RSM is increasing all the time and this has created the need for additional skills within the firm in relation to analytics and data-centric development. The core of the role will be to utilise business data, working with a variety of stakeholders to support deep analysis and delivering innovative data focused solutions. An additional focus will be the continued optimisation and on-going maintenance of those solutions.
The data engineer will be expected to:
· Collaborate on the design and development of high-quality software;
· Understand how to optimize data retrieval and how to develop dashboards, reports and other visualizations for stakeholders;
· Work across departments to understand what business leaders want to gain from RSM's large datasets;
· Where required, identify and define solutions and assist their development;
· Report accurately and succinctly on project delivery progress to senior management;
· Work closely with data analysts to identify and communicate data trends;
· Develop, construct, test and maintain architectures aligned with business requirements;
· Develop pipeline-centric processes to help assist business processes;
· Actively identify ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality;
· Ongoing maintenance of published solutions and provide regular helpdesk support.
· The preferred candidate will bring the ability to focus on getting the job done, maintaining a view of the business benefits, and proving resilient in the face of obstacles.
This role is in an agile team, collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders so excellent communication skills are essential. The right candidate will be experienced in the development of varied, large complex data-centric projects. They should bring demonstratable experience of delivering against requirements and specifications as well as the technical delivery, as well as the ability to iteratively improve solutions based on evolving business requirements.
Essential skills and experience
· Excellent problem solver - demonstrable experience of developing solutions to resolve business challenges
· Demonstrate successful interactions with business and technical stakeholders
· Experience of SQL server and development of ad-hoc queries, views, functions and stored procedures
· Demonstrable experience of data integration and pipeline-centric development
· Experience of developing information and decision-making systems (Power Platform, Reporting services, excel)
· High standard of written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent facilitation, collaboration, negotiation, and presentation skills
· Focused and versatile team player who is comfortable under pressure, ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability
· Experience in delivering projects under different process frameworks of lifecycles (i.e. Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall)
· In depth understanding of project management concepts
· Experience of working within an Agile methodology
· Azure deployments
· Data quality and management experience
· Experience of working with analytical languages (Python/R)
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.