DescriptionClosing date is 7th July but we would encourage early applications.Salary £35,000 to £55,000 per annum.
Are you passionate about developing innovative solutions to the biggest engineering challenges? Excited for your work to be a part of sustainable solutions for the next generations? Driven to capitalise on the benefit of advances in technologies, and provide society with enhanced level of capability?
Our growing design groups are seeking to recruit Engineering Design and Manufacture Consultants to support our clients' in the generation and delivery of multi-disciplinary design solutions. Working across all market sectors including low/zero carbon energy, transportation, process and chemicals, defence and many more.
You'll enjoy working as part of close-knit engineering design teams, whether working with colleagues to deliver a range of projects to external clients, or working alongside clients in embedded roles.
In the role of Engineering Design and Manufacture Consultants, you will likely be responsible for activities including:
- Developing innovative concepts and solutions, through brainstorming and down selection processes.
- Creating high quality detailed designs for any stage of an assets lifecycle from concept to decommissioning;
- Working with colleagues within and outside your disciplines to deliver multidisciplinary projects
- Authoring and verifying technical deliverables including 3D modelling, detailed drawings, test plans, design reports, operation and maintenance manuals.
- Managing projects in accordance with our ISO-9001 accredited processes and acting as technical lead;
- Responding to leads and enquiries, and writing proposals
- Developing new business by identifying and engaging with prospective clients,
Current programmes of work our engineering design teams are supporting include; developing proof of concept demonstrators for zero carbon energy systems, design of test rigs and equipment for the verification of aerospace components, optimising the design of complex manufacturing processes, producing prototype medical devices, creating next generation railway infrastructure, jigs for remote handing of equipment during decommissions activities, bridging system for defence land vehicles.
As you can see, our projects are very diverse and can last from a few weeks to many years of sustained support. You will typically be involved with multiple projects at any one time, meeting and communicating with customers to understand their requirements and managing your project to deliver the desired outcomes and insights.RequirementsThe successful applicant will meet the following minimum requirements:
It is to your advantage if you meet any or all the following additional requirements:
- Possess a good degree in an engineering related subject.
- Be enthusiastic and knowledgeable about mechanical design, with experience of successful design solutions.
- Experience of manufacturing processes, tooling and delivery of manufactured prototypes or products.
- Experienced in the application of design techniques, processes and best practice.
- Strong skills in the interpretation of clients' technical needs and the development of requirements.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Excellent customer-facing skills.
- Previous experience in a consultancy environment.
- Ability to translate systems engineering practices from one industry to another.
Due to the nature of the work that Frazer-Nash Consultancy undertake, candidates will be required to undergo pre-employment screening and must be able to satisfy clearance criteria for UK National Security Vetting.Benefits
We provide our people with an excellent benefits package that comprises:
- Competitive salary: [£35,000 - £55,000pa]
- Happy To Talk Flexible Working
- 25 days' holiday entitlement
- Holiday sale and purchase scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Targeted professional development
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare membership
- Bonus scheme linked into company performance
- Paid membership fees to a professional institution
- Support in attaining professional membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season rail ticket loan