Full Time, PermanentBirchwood, Warrington, North-West England/Hybrid Organisation
New Energy Partnership is a small and rapidly growing team, formed of highly experienced renewable energy developers with extensive knowledge of developing, financing, building and operating energy infrastructure projects in the UK and across Europe.
Utility-scale battery storage is growing rapidly in the UK and New Energy are fully funded to develop more than 1GW of connections over the next 3 years. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Project Engineer to join our team and support the technical development of our pipeline from feasibility through to delivery and on into construction. Projects will be a combination of self-development of front-of and behind-the-meter projects, as well as developer JV and project acquisitions.
This role will report to the Projects and Technical Director and will be a key part of the growth and success of the business going forward, with the opportunity for you to drive innovation in a fast-paced and ever-evolving industry. Currently the team enjoy regular face-to-face time in the Birchwood office which will be required as part of the role, although we are happy to discuss flexibility around hybrid working patterns.Responsibilities
To be considered for this role, you will have:
- Grid: feasibility studies, grid connection applications, offer reviews and negotiation of technical requirements, supported by external consultancies
- Manage advisors during the feasibility and development phase, as well as DNO and NGET relationships.
- Procurement design, planning layouts and EIA support
- Technical procurement support
- Support the Development Manager by overseeing the grid connection process, ensuring grid code compliance and timely connection
- Integration of behind-the-meter battery energy storage systems with existing infrastructure where applicable
- Technical evaluation of project acquisition opportunities for both BESS and solar co-location BESS
- Battery storage technology lead - market knowledge, latest developments and innovations
- A minimum of 5-10 years' experience in an engineering/design role with a developer or consultancy working on renewable energy and/or storage infrastructure projects in the UK
- Strong, relevant experience of power systems and the UK distribution and transmission network, including connection process, technical requirements and regional variations
- Market knowledge of Battery Energy Storage Systems technologies and innovations would be strongly preferred
- Adept communication and report-writing to senior management and investors
- Motivated team player with an ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously to ensure the task is completed safely, on time, to budget and to a high standard
- Passionate advocate for the UK's transition to net zero
- Bachelor or Master's degree in electrical engineering or related subject
If you are interested in joining us, please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com or apply through LinkedIn.
- A professional and hard-working culture which promotes empowerment and inclusivity for all employees
- A dynamic industry - potential to grow with the organisation
- Competitive Salary and benefits package including discretionary bonus, employer pension contribution and private healthcare