Over the last twenty years, MarketAxess has completely revolutionized the fixed-income market by creating a single platform using proprietary technology that connects the world's most influential financial institutions. Today, more than 1,800 institutional investors and broker-dealer firms rely on us to bring them accurate market data to assist with their trading decisions, connectivity solutions that facilitate straight-through processing and technology services to optimize trading environments.
As an Application Developer, you will work closely with your team to design and implement new features and products. You will learn the fixed-income market allowing you to fully understand the "big picture" of not only what you are developing, but why and how it benefits our customers. At the same time, you will be challenged and pushed out of your comfort zone, by learning new and exciting technologies that we want to implement here at MarketAxess. Above all, you will be empowered by having a voice within your Scrum team as well as within MarketAxess as a whole.Job DescriptionJob Purpose Summary
This is an opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to join the MarketAxess development team as a developer working on cloud native modernisation of Post Trade applications. S/he will be responsible for a spectrum of assignments from working on new products, system and product enhancements, and systems architecture to bug fixes.This role is responsible for:
This person will act as development SME within the Java domain. This requires them to be a delivery focused professional who can work without supervision to a consistently high standard. The role requires the individual to be an expert within their field and who strives to maintain and expand upon their expertise.
Their technical expertise and experience will enable them to play a major role in the design and implementation of enterprise applications. They will also be recognised as the expert of functional and technical areas as per the skills matrix. This will subsequently require the offering of support and guidance to lesser experienced members of the team.
This person will be a dynamic individual who relishes a challenge and seeks to continually improve their understanding of both their professional skills and the industry in which they operate.
This position requires a person to have an absolute commitment to successful software delivery with a 'can do / will do' mentality to ensure success. Nevertheless, this person will require excellent interpersonal skills as they will need to gain support from people from all areas and levels of both Trax and on occasion external third parties.QualificationsKnowledge/Experience
Preferred Technical Skills:
- 8+ year's delivery experience on a commercial application development project including integration with 3rd party applications using Java development stack
- 5+ year's delivery experience of message oriented (or event driven) distributed systems.
- Experience including analysis, design, coding and implementation of large-scale custom- built object-oriented applications.
- Strong OO design knowledge, including extensive design patterns knowledge
- 3+ year's commercial experience in delivering Cloud Native application with AWS and related services.
- 3+ year's commercial experience with micro services running in container platform like Kubernetes.
- Delivery experience with messaging middleware / distributed computing, ideally Kafka
- Demonstrable experience leading small groups of similar level and less experienced developers.
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies, such as Extreme Programming - XP and Scrum or RUP.
- Implementation experience of continuous integration, GitOps ideally using Jenkins/Tekton.
- Working within (and knowledge of) the financial industry is a bonus.
- Java 8+
- SQL, NoSQL
- REST and Micro Services
- Datadog, Graylog
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Is intelligent, confident and able to portrait ideas in an articulate, persuasive and convincing way.
- Thrives on the challenges that change brings.
- Promotes a can do attitude and leads by example.
- Is able to think creatively and analytically.
- Critical problem solving and advanced troubleshooting to drive resolution to technical issues.
- Passion for staying current on technology trends in order to pivot direction and drive results.
- Thrives on innovation.
- Is very delivery focused; quick to market deliverables are key to the success of the team/company.
- Comfortable being in a satellite office and helping incubate a new initiative
- English command as a requisite