Make your positive impact on the future of gaming
The gaming industry is changing at lightning speed. From the growth of free-to-play and battle royale games to the arrival of play-to-earn games and GameFi, the industry is evolving at a rapid pace. Nyan Heroes is at the forefront of this evolution focused on building a AAA battle royale game that is launching its alpha late 2022. To further involve and empower players fairly in every aspect of the game and economy, Nyan Heroes will be leveraging the benefits of the blockchain while also positioning itself as the benchmark for fair, sustainable game development in this space. We aim to lead the advancement of the GameFi industry technologically, ethically, and inspirationally. About the role
We're hiring a Principal Blockchain Developer to help build the smart contracts that support our NFTs, tokens, and in-game experience. This role will be joining our Web3 team and will work closely with the Game Development team to integrate smart contracts and dApps seamlessly into the Unreal Engine game environment.
This role will be in charge of writing and deploying smart contracts on the Solana blockchain and must have a good understanding of architecting smart contracts, an ability to deploy and connect them to cloud infrastructures, and technical experience programming in Rust and C++.
The Principal Blockchain Developer will be expected to fulfil the following activities:
- Write and deploy smart contracts to the Solana blockchain
- Implementation of Web Services endpoints
- Implementation and Integration of RPC endpoints from Unreal Engine to the Solana blockchain network
- Configuration of pipelines
- Minimum experience: 10 years with C++, 3 years with Rust, 1 year blockchain development (Solana preferred but not required)
- Skills: Proficient in C++, Rust, Bash, Git, Cloud, C#, Nodejs
- Good understanding of smart contract topology and blockchain infrastructure
- Proficient at writing smart contracts
- Passion about gaming, crypto and blockchain technology
- Ability to work remotely and independently with flexible hours
- Strong communication skills
- Optional: you love cats and enjoy our humor
- Optional: Previous experience in UE4/UE5 and C#
- Optional: Experience with remote teams
- Optional: Experience with common high level & scripting languages and (Angular, TypeScript, python, powershell etc...)
- Optional: Education level: College diploma or university degree
About Nyan Heroes
- Location: From anywhere in the world. We are globally remote.
- Equity/tokens available: Yes
- Start date: ASAP
Nyan Heroes is a AAA F2P play-and-earn third person shooter (TPS) that will first be deployed on the PC. In Nyan Heroes, you play as a Nyan cat piloting a Guardian Mech set in a futuristic world where elements of fantasy and science fiction intertwine. Our goal is to create a rich gaming experience, backed by a fair, sustainable in-game economy, that players deeply enjoy, regardless of skill or investment. We've chosen to build on the Solana blockchain because it is a carbon-neutral blockchain and can support all of Nyan Heroes on-chain activities with minimal impact to our planet.
Nyan Heroes' talented team is currently composed of 45+ individuals from gaming, new media, and web3. Our heroes already have previous experience in building global communities and launching crypto native projects. More than two-thirds of our team comes from AAA game studios including Ubisoft, Crystal Dynamics, EA, 2K, Riot, and more. We are proud to have one of the most experienced design, art, and development teams in the play-to-earn ecosystem.