What we need, in a nutshell
In this role, you'll be responsible for group external financial reporting. This will involve overseeing all external reporting, supporting the Head of Finance in fostering solid investor relationships and having an overview and understanding of management accounts for the group.Who are we?
We are a dynamic and growing company, shaking up the Great British holiday. At our amazing UK resorts we pull out all the stops and add the bells and whistles to give our guests the holiday of a lifetime. Find out more about our holiday experience on our website:
http://www.awayresorts.co.uk.What you'll be doing
You will ensure our external reporting is accurate, timely, and fulfils all our statutory responsibilities, and you will build strong relationships with external stakeholders and internal managers. Your responsibilities will include:
Skills, experience and qualities you'll need
- Reviewing and providing direction in the preparation of period end reporting, including where improvement is required to the depth and quality of consolidated income statement, balance sheets and cash flow analysis
- Reviewing Board level management accounts and first draft of elements of the Board pack
- Maintaining the Balance Sheet reporting pack
- Preparing consolidated primary financial statements under FRS 102 for the purposes of statutory reporting
- Managing the annual external audit process
- Reviewing oncoming submissions, understanding forthcoming transactions and relevant accounting treatments
- Developing and maintaining compliance reporting, e.g. Payment Practices, Modern Slavery Statements, Gender Pay Gap, ESOS
- Managing the preparation of VAT returns and liaising with HMRC
- Leading on the preparation of tax forecasts, provisions and submission of returns
- Keeping up to date in regulatory and reporting via CPD and reporting to CFO/FC on potential areas of risk
- Supporting the delivery of ad hoc projects, technical advice and relevant training
If you can match the skills, experience and qualities listed below, we'd love to hear from you:
- ACA qualified with 5+ years PQE experience, including as an Audit Manager in a Top 20 firm
- Capable of working independently and under pressure in a fast-growing business
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- An exceptional eye for detail
- Able to keep up to date with changes in the industry
- Expertise in risk management so that you can be the point of contact for the parks
It's the icing on the cake if you have worked within the holiday park industry but this is not essential so do apply even if you don't tick this additional box.
We have a can-do, people-centred ethos at Away Resorts, and we look for certain qualities in our team members. Have a read about it and see if you fit the bill.What we can offer you
This is a fantastic opportunity to build your career in finance and make your mark in a dynamic and fast-growing company.
Additional benefits include:
Want to join our team? Here's how to apply
- Competitive Pension
- Bonus Scheme
- Health Cash Plan
- Life Insurance
- Discounts on Away Resorts Holidays
- On Park Discounts
- Awards and Recognition
Just click on the Apply Now button and follow the instructions. To find out more about what it's like to work for Away Resorts check us out at www.awayresorts.co.uk/careers.
Our Promise to You
Holiday Heroes come with all sorts of different super-powers, and we welcome them all!
We embrace diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunities. From our investors to our teams, we love that everyone comes from different backgrounds, allowing us to grow and inspire each other. We'll never accept any form of discrimination, and we'll forever strive not just for our product to be unique but our people too. After all, wouldn't it be boring if we were all the same? In short, we want you to bring your whole self to work! Good Luck!