We've partnered with Overwatch Research, a Belfast start-up which helps scientific researchers to design, track and collaborate on their studies. Their software solutions are used by the world's most innovative drug development teams in therapeutic areas, such as Alzheimer's and cancer. The goal is to free up their vital time so they can focus on creative problem solving instead of repetitive (and error-prone) activities currently plaguing drug discovery. The customers include pharmaceutical giants, leading biotechs, and the world's most renowned research institutes.
Overwatch was recently acquired by Benchling, a San Francisco-based R&D cloud software company. The aim of the acquisition is to accelerate the time it takes for Benchling's customers to bring products into the clinical trial pipeline.
Together we're looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to lead the team's recent strategic acquisition. It's an awesome opportunity to join an early stage start-up but with the backing of a later stage company leveraging the overall product market fit and scale. If you like to move fast and build, but are looking for more security than a traditional start-up, this is the opportunity for you. Over the course of the next year, your team will operate as a subsidiary, as we look for ways to integrate where we can help accelerate their growth and scale.What you will do
- Recruit, develop, and lead a team of exceptional product engineers.
- Partner closely with product and design to define the team's roadmap and long-term product strategy.
- Hold an unreasonably high bar for product quality as the team executes its work.
- Meet with customers to understand their science & what they need from us.
- Contribute to engineering-wide organizational improvements as part of the management team.
- At least 3 years of experience managing high-performing engineering teams.
- At least 3 years of experience as a software engineer.
- Grown high-trajectory, early-to-mid-career engineers into leaders with company-wide impact.
- Experience (and enjoy!) working directly with customers to inform your team's roadmap.
- Interest in biotech!
- Experience as a very product-focused engineering manager, or even as a product manager. The products we are building are complex, and a strong engineering manager will be expected to drive significant product decisions.
- Strong understanding of engineering best practices, and how to scale those with a small team.
- (Nice to have) Experience building or managing infrastructure is a huge plus.