Dunelm is the UK's number 1 homeware store, making houses homes across the UK since 1979. We have grown from a market stall in Leicester into an industry-leading, instantly recognisable brand with an established engineering team and an ambitious culture. This success is down to understanding our customers and constantly innovating and improving, and we're not finished yet. As part of our mission to success, we are seeking passionate tinkerers, ambitious thought-leaders & agile self-starters to join us on our success path. We are not hierarchical; we thrive in entrepreneurial spirit and an obsession with tech.
Our Tech teams are pivotal in our continued growth, so we continually invest in the latest tools, technologies, and techniques to allow our employees to thrive and take us to the next level. As our success continues, we need more people like you to bring individuality, ambition and unique ideas to our teams. We have multiple vacancies available, for mid-level and senior developers.
If you love working with the latest technologies such as Node.js, AWS Lambda, Typescript & React, we have the home for you. As a full-stack developer (with the option of being front-end or back-end focused if preferred), you will drive the transformation of our digital platform, playing a crucial role in influencing our future technical direction and balance passion with precision to deliver exceptional online service and solutions for our customers. You will take pride in robust code, automated tests and slick functionality you deliver in conjunction with your teammates.
Day to day, you will -
- Get stuck in with hands-on design and development within a self-organising and cross-functional team, using techniques such as Test-Driven Development (TDD) and Pair Programming
- Be agile, fail fast and improve - to match the fast-paced and exciting nature of the retail sector
- Actively drive sprint planning, backlog refinement and task estimation
- Elaborate on user stories (technical and functional), creating design sketches and coding tasks
- Write comprehensive automated test code, application code & infrastructure as code
- Be responsible for the quality implementation (supportable, maintainable, scalable and secure) of code
- Influence the design and technology stack and technical direction of the team and business as a whole
- Facilitate problem solving and drive solutions forward
- You will be tech obsessed, keen to get involved in the latest innovative tech and continue leaning
- You enjoy working in Agile environments, you aren't afraid to fail fast and change direction
Why Join Us?
- We focus on developing you. We have self-study afternoons every payday, giving you the freedom to expand your knowledge on an area of your choice, alongside supporting professional certifications
- Hybrid working - work where you feel at home, whilst still having the option to work in our refurbished offices in Leicester & London
- Private healthcare, Pension, Life Insurance, Critical Illness Cover, Share Save Scheme
- Yearly bonus - up to 15%
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Your Birthday off, Moving Day off + Charity Day off
- Discounts - for our instore and online stores, alongside 1000s of other brands