This role is in the Subscriptions Marketing Team and is key to driving the continued growth of this area of the business across our brands.Key responsibilities:
Skills and experience:
- Plan, manage and execute marketing campaigns, specifically to acquire and retain individual subscribers.
- Plan, manage and execute marketing campaigns to generate and qualify leads for sales team, to allow them to sell corporate/group subscriptions.
- Grow digital engagement across both registered users (unpaid - limited access) and subscribers (paid - full access, from individual and corporate subscribers).
- Co-ordinate activity across multiple channels including email, web, print, events and social media to ensure consistency of message.
- Work with editorial teams to understand content available and use this in engagement and acquisition campaigns.
- Value and use data in all campaigns, segmenting our audiences so we communicate the right messages to the right person at the right time.
- Understand key KPIs and hold yourself to account for these (including open and click rates, CPA, ROI, digital engagement, renewal rates).
- Value and use testing where possible in marketing campaigns (experience of Google Optimize and Adobe Campaign advantageous but other platforms equally valuable), always looking to make marginal gains.
- Represent brands at key events within the UK, both virtually and face-to-face.
- Report on campaigns, identifying winners and losers, and always looking to make improvements.
- Responsibility for managing part of the annual marketing budget.
- Work with internal and external teams including data, digital, retention and corporate teams to maximize sales effectiveness and create consistent campaign messages across all contact points.
- Work as a team to deliver to group as well as individual targets and in line with agreed priorities.
- Contribute to overall knowledge and expertise within the team to ensure growth targets are met and drive operational excellence.
- Work within and keep up to date with all industry best practice and adhere to all legal and ethical guidelines as required by all EMAP/ TRG employees (DP and privacy, competition law, ASA, Trading standards etc.)
- Subscriber experience will be essential to this role, ideally within publishing but other sectors with paid subscriber bases will be valuable.
- Broad experience across on and offline marketing channels. This role is not a specialist role in one area but covers the wide array of marketing opportunities. The successful candidate will be able to turn their hand to all opportunities.
- Able to work to challenging targets within tight timeframes, prioritising and setting clear measurable and achievable goals.
- Demonstratable experience in planning, managing, and executing marketing campaigns.
- Ability to spot opportunities and transform ideas into practical reality and review existing challenges and generate fresh solutions
- Entrepreneurial spirit - Ready to work as part of the team and test and innovate to drive results
- Wide range of marketing experience across on and offline channels
- Planning, managing, and executing marketing campaigns
- Well organised
- Ability to work with varied teams in order to meet your objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and use of excel/data packages
- Able to create a network of peers and build relationships across the business
Hybrid working - 2 days in the office, 3 days from home. Benefits:
- Confident team player
- Practical and resourceful and results orientated
- Creative thinker with drive and commitment
emap is part of Metropolis Group, together we are committed to providing a happy and healthy place to work, so we offer fantastic benefits and perks to our employees.
- 25 days of holiday per year (with the option to buy or sell)
- Health plan
- Life insurance cover
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Discounted gym memberships
- Retail discount vouchers
- Private virtual GP access
- Income Protection and more