- Essential: Strategy or Commercial Finance experience in consulting or Financial Services
- £65-75k + package (incl. bonus)
- Flexible hybrid working (WFH 3-4 days p/wk)
Pear Talent is representing a global FTSE100 FS business who are looking for a Manager to join their Group Strategy team. This is a fantastic opportunity to be directly involved in supporting the Group CEO, CFO and business division leadership in their strategy development and execution. Key accountabilities:
- Strategy Development - Partner with Group and business division management in the development of the Group's strategy and assessment of strategic options. Support the Head/Director of Strategy on projects, key analysis and presentations for senior management as well as work streams feeding into the annual Board Strategy Day.
- Corporate Development - Support on joint venture projects and new market development, also assist business divisions with their M&A and joint venture deals. Provide analysis and project management for any potential transactions.
- Market Intelligence: maintain relationships with external consultants and investment bankers to provide awareness of competitor and industry developments and assess long-term trends, providing insight to Group Office and business division teams.
- Exec engagement - Involved in supporting Group Exec and directors of strategy & investor relations, providing context and insight into market intelligence, economic perspectives and strategic initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA/equivalent), CFA or MBA with experience gained in commercial finance across strategy, M&A or as a minimum FP&A/business performance within Financial Services. Otherwise candidates from a strategy consultancy or leading accounting practice with relevant experience will also be considered.
- Strong academic background
- Exceptional analytical skills, able to digest complicated data and produce clear and informative findings
- Experience of working in a dynamic team within a pressurised environment
- Sound understanding of strategic drivers affecting financial services
- Ability to rapidly gain credibility and influence outcomes at an Exec level
- First class project management and communication skills
If this isn't for you but you know someone who'd be interested, then why not confidentially recommend them by clicking here http://peartalent.co.uk/spread-the-word/. We have a fantastic referral scheme up to £1,000*.