Our client is a newly formed permanent capital investment company with an international team focused on building an unrivalled portfolio of European software businesses with lasting leadership positions in their markets. The investors are successful entrepreneurs and foundations with long term horizons, which means that the company can focus on doing the right things to drive growth over the long term.
Now that funds have been raised the CEO (an experienced software executive) is looking to recruit a 'hands on' Finance Director to be his right-hand person, overseeing the build out a robust infrastructure involving systems, processes and controls to enable scale up and successful growth.
Specifically, responsibilities will include:
- Implementation of investor, management, and statutory reporting best practices
- Implementation of a valuation policy and overseeing the creation of quarterly NAV refreshes
- Oversight and management of IQEQ, the Firm's corporate administration platform
- Implementation of efficient operational best practices with regards to accounting, payroll, expenses, tax, legal, and other matters, managing outsourced and in-house resources as appropriate and harnessing technology and automation wherever possible
- Oversight and management of Human Resources across geographies - responsibilities to include the promotion of diversity and inclusion best practices and the support of a culture that invests in, develops, and empowers its people
- Oversight and management of the outsourced compliance function in the delivery of regulatory best practice (the client is not yet FCA regulated, but expects to become so)
- Oversight of auditing processes for the firm and its subsidiaries
This role would ideally suit an ambitious individual who relishes the prospect of working with an international team and building a finance function from a "blank sheet". The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the private equity/ venture capital sector, have had exposure to deal execution / structuring, and bring familiarity and interest in software businesses and their key performance drivers. The role will offer a hybrid working model with the ability to work from home or the team's new offices in Golden Square, Soho.