Airties is the most widely deployed provider of smart Wi-Fi solutions to operators around the globe. Airties provides broadband operators with a full portfolio of advanced Wi-Fi solutions, including Mesh software for gateway Wi-Fi enhancement, Wi-Fi extenders, set-top boxes, apps and cloud-based Wi-Fi performance monitoring & real-time troubleshooting tool that enables ISPs to provide a managed Wi-Fi Mesh solution for their subscribers. Airties technologies are powering more than 30 million homes worldwide.
Airties is looking for a Field Application Engineer (FAE) based in greater London to handle broadband operator customers in UK and Europe. An FAE is the primary technical point of contact to Airties customers. This is a multi-faceted role that supports product pre-sales, acceptance, launch and post deployment phases, requiring communication internally and externally at all levels, providing fast and high quality response to customers and being the customer advocate to internal teams. The position requires technical depth to understand the solution, troubleshooting in multi-vendor environments, and of course good customer relationship skills.
Location: Greater London, England, UK
· Provide onsite installations, product trials and deployments, and other professional services to Airties customers. Work with customers in the field cooperating with Airties Sales, Project, Product and Engineering teams
· Support sales efforts by explaining current products and solutions, sending samples, conducting trials and proof-of-concepts
· Escalate product customization and localization needs of the customer to Product, Engineering, and Technical Support management
· After product release, take responsibility for recording, tracking and handling defects and technical feedback from the customer. Conduct first level root-cause analysis, issue replication and answer technical questions real time on site and escalate appropriately
· Provide timely and effective resolution to support requests based on internal and external service level agreements (SLA)
· Work closely with Engineering teams to investigate, assign, and resolve defects. Deploy software defect fixes at customer sites
· Document each customer interaction using Airties ticket management system
· Provide ongoing, regular updates to customers to keep them apprised of progress toward problem resolution. Respond to requests for technical information and assistance in a timely and professional manner
· Provide regular reports on field services and/or tests performed
· Travel to customer sites to rectify problems when/if necessary, Travel to vendor or client locations for troubleshooting and detailed problem analysis may be required.
· Visit client to support testing and issue investigation as necessary. The position requires very close and frequent client interactions.
· Work with the customer's staff to train and develop operations capability on Airties' products
· Support alpha and beta tests of new Airties products at customer sites
· Gather information and customer feedback regarding competition when possible
· Work with several parties (OEM, chipset vendor, client) to drive integration to client acceptance and deployment.
· Provide feedback to Sales, Product, and Engineering teams to improve Airties products
· Promote Airties products at customers and establish strong lasting customer relationships
· BSc or higher degree in EE or similar technical field is required
· 10+ years professional experience of which 5+ years of hands-on field experience in networking in a customer facing role delivering professional services is required
· Excellent communication, presentation and reporting skills in English is mandatory. This job requires extensive oral communication skills to deal with customer's teams, and written communication skills to produce reports and technical notes to customers. Demonstration of oral and written English proficiency will be required during application
· Strong understanding of network protocols/products: TCP, UDP, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi protocols is mandatory
· Experience with broadband, xDSL, IPTV, and streaming video technologies is required
· Experience with Customer Premise Equipment devices, residential gateways, set top boxes is required. Experience with large service provider CPE projects Familiarity with CPE management software solutions is a plus
· Excellent problem analysis and solving skills, demonstrated troubleshooting skills in multi-vendor environments
· Team-oriented, self-motivated and highly ambitious. Self-start capabilities and ability to handle dynamic, very fast-pace work environment
· Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative and good judgment under high stress situations is required.
· Experience with Wi-Fi Technologies and WiF-Fi Knowledge is plus
· Shell/Python scripting knowledge is a plus
· Code reading comprehension is a plus
· Ability to travel within short notice is required. This position requires extensive international travel up to 50% of work time
Airties has a zero tolerance to discrimination policy. In this regard, during the course of the evaluation of your job application and during all your employment relation, if any, all discriminatory factors such as race, sex, sexual orientation, social gender definitions/roles, colour, national or social background, ethnicity, religion, age, disablement, political opinion or any status that is protected under law shall be totally disregarded.
*By applying to this job opening, you agree, acknowledge and consent to the transfer of your personal data by Airties to outside of Turkey; in particular to its subsidiaries.
*By applying to this job opening, you agree, acknowledge and consent to the transfer of your personal data by Airties to its headquarters established in Turkey.