The ONE Group are delighted to be exclusively partnering with Cambridge-based chemical engineering scale-up, to assist them with their search for their first Finance Manager; a newly created position that will be pivotal to their upcoming expansion.
- Finance Manager
- Tech Start-Up Business
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
The scientists, engineers and consultants who make up the team are experts in porous materials and are commercialising a technology platform originally built at Cambridge University. The work they are doing with their patented technology related to super-adsorbent nanomaterials, is expected to have global impact on a multitude of industries, including the likes of aerospace and electric vehicles.
As expected in all start-up or scale-up environments, the new Finance Manager will be expected to be hands on and maintain involvement in the day-to-day as the team is growing, as well taking on the leadership of the function.Reporting directly to the CEO you will:
- Take on all financial responsibilities for the company including management of the bookkeeping function.
- Build the financial control environment from scratch, ensuring financial policies and procedures (including for the sales and purchase ledgers) are designed, documented, communicated, and implemented company-wide.
- Work with key members of project teams to manage the financial aspects of contracts, development of commercial income forecasts, and accurate tracking of spend against budgets.
- Assist senior staff with the development of financial models and lead the reporting requirements associated with government grants and loans.
- Prepare both the management accounts and statutory accounts, and then present to stakeholders including the Board.
- Prepare financial reports for investors and the banking sector as required.
- Take ownership of PAYE, Corporation TAX, VAT and R&D tax credits.
Ideally with over three years of hands-on accounting experience, the ideal candidate will be ACA, ACCA, or CIMA qualified and will have solid experience within an SME and/or start- or scale-up environment (ideally in a similar industry sector).
Opportunities like this don't come around too often, you'll be joining an ambitious company at the grass-roots, and coming on-board with them on an exciting journey as they expand.
Contact Scott Park from The One Group for a confidential discussion about the role and company in more detail.