About the Role
Our eCommerce team are currently seeking a Head of Online Trading to join them, holding the end-to-end accountability for our omnichannel business; including the strategic and operational agendas.
You'll be responsible for the management of the online revenue, NAM and KPI delivery, as well as the day-to-day trading of the site, optimising customer engagement and drive sales. Being a key player, you'll own the short and long-term online growth plans to ensure innovation within the area of business with autonomy to really drive the sector.
As the Head of Online Trading, you'll be responsible for:
- Maximising sales and customer engagement through effective website maintenance to drive sales conversion.
- Create and deliver a Trading strategy encompassing Division, Own Brands and 3rd Parties that is tailored to the Customer personas.
- Responsible for driving £300m+ of online revenue.
- Responsible of delivering growth through new channels such as Marketplace and International.
- Lead the day to day trading of the platform to meet customer demand as well as set trading KPIs and targets.
- Work in partnership with the Buying & Merchandising and Commercial Finance teams to ensure delivery of B&M on-line customer strategies and sales targets.
- Work in partnership with the Digital Marketing, Marketing Insight & CRM teams to ensure we maximise and act upon relevant customer data & insights.
- Plan, execute and measure our trading calendar to achieve/exceed targets, in close collaboration with Marketing, Buying & Merchandising and Finance.
- Responsibility for annual, quarterly and agile forecasting for all online channels
•Experience in leading an Online Trading team min 3+years
•Good grasp of analytical tools such as Google Analytics 360, Content Square, Business Intelligence
•Experience in growing a DTC
•Excellent analytical skills and ability to draw rapid actionable insights
•Excellent understanding of onsite daily trading tactics across the key trading zones
•Ability to balance strategic thinking alongside operational excellenceAbout Matalan
Founded in the early 1980s by John Hargreaves in Liverpool, Matalan is proud to serve its customers excellent quality at great value. With over 200 stores in the UK, a growing online presence and over 15,000 employees, working here is exciting, challenging, and above all fun! As part of the Matalan family, you can expect some great benefits and the opportunity to be part of our exciting vision - to become the UK's most trusted value retailer. This is Retail Made Real.
Matalan value diversity and don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from all communities.
Matalan wants to see every candidate performing at their best throughout the application and interview process and ultimately, in their role. We, therefore, encourage you to inform us of any reasonable adjustments you might need to enable this.
In the event that a high volume of suitable applications are received, the post may close prior to the specified closing date. Please apply as soon as possible if interested.