Senior Performance Engineer required to work in a highly performant engineering team, providing on going support and critical analysis to ensure the smooth performance of a wide range of commerce platforms.
The Senior Performance Engineer should possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills and an eye for detail. We require a highly-motivated individual with well-developed interpersonal skills. You will be the Technical Performance Engineer in a specialist performance team working across WTC's broad client base.
You will be involved in defining and creating performance scripts, executing the performance testing and then analysing, in detail, the results, identifying problematic features and making recommendations to the wider team to resolve these.
This is a key role, responsible for the delivery and support of many high-profile eCommerce systems. The challenges you will face include different architectures, application components and their interactionYou...
Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things; a team player proud of their work who wants to share it. You like working in a fast-paced environment and are ready to inspire outstanding online shopper experiences for consumers and brands, no matter what product, service, sector, device or channel!
You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to do what it takes keep our clients happy, including some working at client locations. When our clients win - we win!We need you to be really great at:
If you know some of this even better!
- Knowledge & experience in performance testing of eCommerce applications.
- Solid experience Performance test load generation using JMeter.
- To provide BAU support for production baed performance problems.
- Previous knowledge of working within an Agile environment.
- Knowledge of Application Monitoring Tools such as DynaTrace, AppDynamics or NewRelic.
- Hands-on experience in performance problem determination and root cause analysis.
- Good knowledge and proven experience working on Linux and cloud (AWS or Google) environments.
- Experience tuning highly scalable applications, including reviewing configurations around cache sizes and heap sizes.
- Experience interpreting and analysing real user monitoring statistics (RUM) as well as reviewing the Front End (FE) and Web Vitals.
- Experienced in load forecasting for peak times and assessing likely resilience of systems as well as making recommendations on how to improve based on business needs.
- Experienced in pinpointing performance issues in live systems.
- Very good backend testing skills - conversant in databases (MySQL, DB2, Oracle), SQL knowledge, use of DB Visualiser or other tools.
- Competent in logging identified issues and tracking them through to resolution.
- Highly organized and owns their own deadlines, willing to go above and beyond what was promised to deliver quality service.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a proven ability to collaborate with all stakeholders.
- Wanting to learn and grow, the role will be constantly changing allowing exposure to different technologies and tools.
- Experience with other load generation tools eg LoadRunner, CloudTest or NeoLoad
- Experience in front end page load analysis and profiling and optimisation using Webpagetest, Pagespeed, Speedcurve, sitespeed.io or other tools.
Wunderman Thompson Commerce
- Ecommerce platform expertise and experience performance testing and analysis on Magento,IBM WebSphere Commerce, SAP Hybris and SOLR, Fredhopper or other search services.
- Experience setting up performance monitoring using Grafana, APMS or other tooling.
- Experience implementing performance testing in a continuous delivery environment.
- Scripting (perl, awk, python etc.)
- Exposure to Java or PHP
- Experience with Apache Tomcat, JBoss
help inspire people to transact.
Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, we are unique in our ability to connect world-class strategic thinking and creative insight with deep executional capability across technology and operations to deliver winning commerce solutions across all major digital routes to market worldwide: marketplaces, online retailers, D2C, B2B and social commerce. Wunderman Thompson Commerce is part of WPP, a creative transformation company who use the power of creativity to build better futures for people, planet, clients and communities and is recognised as a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Commerce Services, Q1 2021.How?
We create, support, and improve digital shopper journeys, across leading channels including retailers, direct-to-consumer (D2C), marketplaces (Amazon and beyond), and social channels. It's why we work with some of the biggest and most exciting brands around, such as Calvin Klein, DFS, MAC, Nestlé, Sainsbury's, Selfridges, Shell, Tiffany & Co. and Tommy Hilfiger.Tell me more!
We are a diverse team of 1700+ commerce experts across more than 20 offices worldwide, including state-of-the-art offices in Watford, two agency offices in Central London and an office in Lisbon. We believe that growth through commerce begins with connected customer experiences that amplify the brand and drive business outcomes. We excel at orchestrating commerce touchpoints through intelligent deployment and integration of world class technology from strategic partners like Adobe, SAP, Salesforce, HCL, Shopify, BigCommerce & commerce tools, as well as driving sales from marketplaces (Amazon, Tmall and beyond) and retailers. We have recently expanded our capabilities to include NN4M, specialists in Mobile Commerce and Satalia, experts in using the latest technologies to build AI systems and solve industries hardest efficiency problems
Our reputation is based on our people, and we believe we have some of the best in the business - people who are inspired, energetic and straight-talking, and who really want to understand both our clients and their customers. We are happiest when we are innovating and shaping the future of commerce. We live our values and take pride in what our people achieve, empowering and respecting every one of them.
As our business grows internationally, we're looking for new people to join us on our journey to inspire and take a key role in shaping some of the best Commerce solutions, services and websites in the world. As a team no problem is insurmountable, we share in our client's successes and believe that anyone can show Creative Bravery no matter what their role is in the team. At Wunderman Thompson, a WPP company, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.