Overview of role
We are looking for a talented Principle Insight Executive to work within our research team. Real World Insight is an award-winning research and insight team within MediaCom. As a Principle Insight Executive, you will play a key part in our team, supporting senior staff as well as working with planners and clients alike to ensure that their campaigns are grounded in a true understanding of people and what makes them tick. Reporting of the role
This role reports to the Associate Director3 best things about the job
1. Variety - No two days are ever the same - you will be working across a range of different clients, categories and objectives. We encourage the use of innovative techniques and approaches, so you have a real opportunity to try something different and bring some new thinking to our work
2. Accountability - As Principle Research Executive you are responsible for supporting our research and insight offering and output and mentoring junior team members
3. The people - MediaCom is a brilliant place to work, with a people first culture. You'll get to work with smart people from across the agency and will be responsible for the helping with the development and careers of some very talented and ambitious researchers.Measures of success In three months, you would have:
In six months, you would have:
- Gained an understanding of how the agency operates, how RWI's work fits in and what role research and insight plays in this
- Supported the team both in delivering insightful and impactful research that helps drive our clients' business
In 12 months, you would have:
- Established yourself as a qualitative researcher in the wider Real World Insight team
- Been responsible for running client projects, with senior support
- Established relationships with planners and key agency stakeholders as well as key clients
- having developed an understanding of our suite of syndicated and bespoke tools
Responsibilities of the role
- Helped with identifying and supporting the wider team on delivering an industry-leading thought leadership project
What you will need
- To work closely with and support the wider team on projects from helping to write the proposals, helping with reports to presenting to clients
- Running and project managing projects and ensuring that projects are run to timescale and budget and liaising with clients and suppliers
- Develop a holistic understanding of MediaCom's suite of syndicated and bespoke tools
- Start developing relationships with suppliers, planners and clients
- Mentoring junior team members
- At least two years' experience in qualitative research and the qualitative research process
- Have a good working knowledge of qualitative methods
- Excellent communication skills - able to present complex ideas in a clear and engaging way
- Some knowledge of quantitative research and how qual and quant research work together
- Whilst direct experience of media and comms research is not necessary, a passion for media, communication and brands is a must
MediaCom is the UK's largest planning and buying agency, with over 1,400 employees across five offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham and Edinburgh.
We believe in People First, Better Results. This means that through investing in our people's whole-person wellbeing, careers and capabilities and creating a culture of belonging, we achieve brilliant results for both our clients' businesses and our own. We champion individuality and diversity in our people through an abundance of initiatives and training, and attract and retain the greatest talent in the industry.
Our mission is to See the Bigger Picture for our clients. We apply our unique 'Systems Thinking' philosophy and technology to all marketing levers: media, message and data. As a result, we design communication strategies that deliver short term results and help brands build for the future.
MediaCom represents some of the greatest brands in the UK and beyond, both big and small. This includes Sky, British Gas, Sony, Boots, DFS, TUI, The Coca-Cola Company, Tesco and Cancer Research UK. Our client work is celebrated at the industry's most prestigious ceremonies, and we were named Campaign's Agency of the Decade for 2009 and 2019.
MediaCom is a member of WPP, the world's largest marketing communications services group, and part of GroupM, WPP's consolidated media investment management arm. As such, we have access to the richest data, most robust benchmarks and most advanced capabilities in the market. This helps us provide comprehensive solutions to all marketing challenges.
To find out more about MediaCom visit us here! You can also follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram!
*Although we cannot make guarantees, we welcome conversations about flexible working for all roles at MediaCom London*