We are seeking an experienced Legal Director/Senior Legal Counsel to join a forward thinking, market-leading software and SaaS business. This is an exceptional, ever-growing business that doubles in size every 4-5 years on average.
We are looking for someone on a part-time basis (3-4 days per week).
In this role, you will report to the Group Legal Director based in Australia and be part of the wider global Legal team. You will support our clients UK business, through the provision of timely and relevant advice on UK laws and regulations that support commercial decision making, while ensuring that they continue to maintain compliance in their day-to-day operations.
You will be key in providing support to their wider business, including supporting policies and procedures that relate to a wide range of areas that will include GDPR, Contract processes, protection of company intellectual property and complex commercial IT agreements.
You will also be:
- Maintaining contract templates to reflect legislative changes within the UK
- Supporting the UK team with any challenged customer projects and disputes
- Identifying areas of improvement within the companies Policies and procedures and making recommendations where necessary.
- Partnering with the business functions to provide commercial and legal support within the UK.
What are looking for:
This role will see the right candidate taking responsibility for a wide range of work which will predominantly include corporate and general commercial matters. The ideal candidate will be confident and able to operate autonomously and self-sufficiently without the need for significant supervision.
We are also looking for someone who:
- Has 5+ years Post Qualified Experience as an in-house legal advisor
- Has experience working within Higher education or Technology (SaaS)
· Has an innovative mindset that isn't afraid to push boundaries
- Is comfortable partnering with Top Leaders across the business as this is a high impact role.
What's in it for you?
- 25 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays.
- Twice annual Hack Days
- Private Medical cover Membership with BUPA and Healthshield
- Life Assurance at 4 x salary
- £1000 Health Cash plan/Benefit fund to cover areas that are most important to you.
- Flexibility in the working hours within the core hours of 7am - 7pm. You can adapt your working hours to fit yourself and the business as this progressive employer recognises the need for a balanced lifestyle.
We are looking for someone who can bring their commercial expertise and challenge our clients' current ways of working as they continue their phenomenal growth plans.
So, if you want to join a forward-thinking business that is transforming the way organisation's interact with their customers and communities for the better, then apply now.
This is a Hybrid role so we are looking for someone who is comfortable commuting to their offices, near Paddington London, 1 day per week on average.