Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We're a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We're here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We'll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let's share with you the good stuff... Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
- Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or working remotely
- Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
- Up to five paid volunteering days - from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
- Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
- Defined pension contribution scheme
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
- Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
- Subsidised gym memberships
- Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
- A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
- Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
- Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail...A bit about the role
As a IT Support Engineer, you will be part of a technical in store team handling incidents, requests, and problems of a more technical nature that get passed on from the Service Desk Analysts, or other in-store tech analysts that are not as experienced. You will be working on a variety of different applications, systems and hardware that require attention to detail and a pragmatic approach to identifying where things are going wrong and how to resolve the issue, across all lays of technology.
As an IT Support Engineer, you will:
•Be responsible for enhanced incident and request management that Service Desk Analysts cannot resolve and investigate further to identify root cause across multiple store applications and systems.
•Help Coordinate and validate Major Incidents that impact in-store systems / teams and direct discussions around resolution options or workarounds, engaging in technical conversations with internal and 3rd party resolver groups to resolve.
•Responsible for ensuring Incidents and Requests are resolved within SLA or suitable workarounds have been found. Accountable for problem management, creating Problem tickets where needed and passing them onto the right resolver group. Working closely with the resolver groups and Technical Operational Managers to ensure priority problems are escalated and resolved in a timely manner based on business impact and tend analysis.
•Responsible for keeping knowledge bases up to date and accurate, always thinking about continuous improvement plans. Driving first time fixes back into the right places and ensuring new projects are transitioned into the Team correctly and smoothly.
•Accountable for carrying out enhanced end user compute tasks, fixes and maintenance such as office365 administration, Laptop builds and fixes through the use of build images, managing deployments of software through SCCM, Asset management - keeping it up to date and relevant, and VIP EUC management.
•Be responsible for the smooth operation for all IT systems within our stores and point of escalation for our store teams should there be an issue that is impacting the business. As this is a customer facing role, building up good relationships is key, knowing how the business operates and what systems are critical to that operation is vital to this role.
•Working 5 out of 7 days per week with possible on-call responsibilities, including weekends and the ability to travel to other stores should the need arise to ensure the right level of support is given to all stores and supporting the in-store tech analysts.A bit about you
•Tenacious and demonstrate a high level of attention to detail with a can do approach to get to the root cause of incidents / requests / problems quickly
•Not afraid to take ownership of complex issues, share your knowledge and work collaboratively with other areas of the business.
•Have a good technical understanding and experience of supporting in store systems and networks including Wifi, switches, LAN - taking on some of the responsibility of these areas, Telephony systems, POS Application Systems, spotting trends, coming up with creative ways to work around incidents, following our change control process and executing those changes, and want to further progress your technical knowledge.
•Able to multitask, show flexibility and prioritise your own workload through excellent planning and organisational skills.
•Able to communicate technical / complex issues in a clear way that is easy to understand for non technical users.
•Experience of VIP Support and the associated pressures and urgency
•Self motivated and proactive.
•Technically capable of picking up difficult issues/problems and seeing them through to the end.
•Wanting to continually learn and develop your technical skills.
•Think customer first at all times
- Leading by example by living out our values here at Selfridges.