Software Developer - Remote - UKInnquest Software is currently looking for a talented Software Developer who has experience with both legacy and modern software technologies and practices.
An opportunity to make a significant contribution to help innovate and evolve our product portfolio and help to drive our products forward by helping to develop application features and improve our backend and database systems.Here is a little window into our company:
InnQuest Software was founded in 1994 with a belief that guests deserve an excellent hospitality experience and hoteliers deserve a management system that would allow them to maximize the guest experience and property. InnQuest's popular hotel management software, roomMaster, is used in over 100 countries and by over 5,500 clients worldwide. The software was developed by hoteliers for hoteliers and has been widely praised for its intuitive performance and ease of use. roomMaster provides every software management product a hotel needs in one simple turnkey solution, including a booking engine with a channel manager linked to Expedia and Booking.com.
InnQuest's office is located in Tampa, Florida, with international offices in Australia, Canada, and the United Kingdom with resellers in the Caribbean, Fiji, New Zealand, Cambodia, Malaysia and South Africa.
Like us, you will be passionate about your work and capable of delivering world-class outcomes. As well as your first-class development and database skills and track record, you will value on-time delivery of projects and be an engaging team player. The successful candidate will be highly organized, personable and with a results-driven attitude. A strong sense of your role's importance to the continued success of Aspire Software is vital. This role requires the successful candidate to work with multiple development teams in multiple countries.What your day will look like:
- Working and with CD/CI cloud process
- Working with Agile development processes
- Optimization of software throughput efficiencies
- Analysis and Development of data schemas/database interfaces
- Backend development with focus on middleware services and database experience
- Analysis of software design and implementation of cloud native software artifacts
- Developing bridges and facades to mix both old and new technologies into product solutions
- Developing on multiple platforms and using various frameworks (centered on Microsoft Azure)
- Providing time estimates for project work based on a feature specification
- All aspects of delivering and operating in the cloud using various toolset
- Cloud knowledge, Azure
- Experience with CD/CI process
- Hospitality industry experience is an asset
- PCI / GDPR Security compliance knowledge
- Experience with Agile development processes
- Experience with unit testing and code review
- Experience in developing on multiple platforms and using various frameworks
- Experience in report writing / BI tools (e.g. PowerBI / Tableau / SSRS)
- Async. patterns and micro-services architecture knowledge and experience
- Very good experience with NET, C#, development stack: API, SOAP, REST very good knowledge JSON and XML.
- Very good experience with relational databases, extensive usage of stored procedures: SQL and data storage techniques. Schema design, SQL query tuning, Database version control experience
- Experience in providing time estimates for project work based on a feature specification and produce work accurately and in a timely manner
- Adhere to company practices and standards
- Self-motivated, with excellent time-management skills
- Ability to manage your own workloads and work with remote teams
- Proactively and regularly make recommendations for system improvement
- Able to pick up unfamiliar software quickly and learn new concepts on the fly
- Small business / small team mindset - a sense of ownership and accountability for your work
- Good written and spoken English, ability to communicate technical subject matter clearly and efficiently
- Ability to liaise with team members and key stakeholders professionally and effectively
- Must be eligible to live and work in the UK without the need for sponsorship
To learn more about the company, please visit our website at: https://www.innquest.com
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of; disability, race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status or family status.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.