Principal Electrical Engineer
Competitive salary + benefits
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Electrical Engineer to join our firm, based in Manchester.
Working alongside the Team Leader, you will be facing clients, responding to our clients' needs, developing and producing reports, specifications and guidance or overseeing testing and commissioning activities. We work closely as a team to ensure we achieve the best results and deliver a consistent high-quality service for our clients.
Hoare Lea is an award-winning engineering consultancy with a creative team of engineers, designers and technical specialists. We provide innovative solutions to complex engineering and design challenges for buildings.
Irrespective of the scale or complexity of a project, we provide a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look.
Why Work For Us?
You'll collaborate with the industry's best, working with a wide range of built-environment specialists.
You'll be part of progressive and exciting projects, able to experience innovative schemes across all sectors.
You'll advance your career, your way, thanks to our structured Career Paths framework.
What You'll Be Doing
- You will be working on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and Internationally.
- You will have the opportunity to lead electrical services design on large projects, and lead overall MEP on small to medium sized projects within the office,
- Experience in the Science & Research, Healthcare, Higher Education and Commercial sectors will be of particular benefit in this role and any particular specialism would be welcomed, particularly of a more technical background.
- Responsible for dealing successfully with Clients and other professionals
- Awareness of consultant appointment conditions
- Define and agree brief with Client
- Competently represents Hoare Lea at project meetings
- Manage and prioritise the workload of a project team including specialist groups.
- Host and chair internal project team meetings
- Contribute to the professional development of individual team members.
- Actively leads self and identifies opportunities and providing support for career development of others
- Monitoring project expenditure and reporting to team leader
- Ensure quality standards and technical accuracy is delivered.
- Reporting cost and resource requirements to the team leader on a regular basis.
What We Are Looking For
- Excellent technical knowledge in Electrical Design Engineering Thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process
- Previous consultancy experience: you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering and computer modelling in the design of buildings
- Excellent communication skills
- Autonomous approach: able to lead small to medium sized projects and able to take a brief from the project lead on large projects and deliver & control the tasks required
- Responsible for the quality of our outputs
- Appreciation of client needs, with ability to face clients
- Ability to identity when outsourcing is required e.g. design & CAD work
- Understand and identify resource needs
- Mentor and supervise junior members of staff
- Chartered engineer or close to
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career.
• Private medical scheme
• Life Assurance
• Income protection
• Car allowance and access to a wide range of lease cars
• 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
• Contributory pension scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Tax free childcare
• Enhanced Paternity, Maternity & Shared Parental Leave
• Season Ticket Loans
• Professional membership subscription
• Discounted BUPA health assessments
• Flexible working.
• Study Assistance
• Holiday buy & sell up to 5 days
• Cycle to work scheme
• Travel & dental insurance
• Employee retail discounts
• Sabbatical Leave
• Gym discounts
• GAYE - Give as you Earn
• Gourmet society tasting cards
• Employee Referral Scheme
How to Apply:
To apply simply complete a CV profile and submit your application, or for further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our commitment to Data Privacy
We have updated our terms and conditions for candidates, to find out more please click on the link below:
Equal Opportunities Statement
Hoare Lea is committed to ensuring that the most suitably qualified and experienced candidates are appointed to positions within the firm on the basis of job-related criteria.