About Journey Further
Founded five years ago, Journey Further is a Performance Marketing agency that accelerates growth for leading brands and ambitious start-ups . Our 160+ team are located in Leeds (HQ), Manchester, London and Manhattan, NY.
We have been recognised as the fastest growing agency in Europe (AdWeek) and have just been crowned Global Performance Agency of the Year (Campaign, May 2022). In the same month we were listed as the number one (medium sized) agency to work for in the UK. We are a business where our people matter above all else and why less than 2% of our team leave each year.The Role
We are looking for a proven financial leader with international marketing experience to join our executive team. We have a fresh vision and ambition for the agency and are searching for someone who has the desire to challenge the market to do more.What you will be doing
- Leading financial strategy for the agency & provide strategic recommendations for how we can enhance performance
- Manage the existing finance team of three and hire new talent to support growth
- Setup the systems and support required to control our US subsidiary finances (just launched)
- Control & interrogation of financial forecasts and budgets - introducing best in class practices to the business. Ownership of quarterly reforecasts
- Provide financial consultancy to our department leads for immediate and future needs (to promote/produce financial understanding and excellence across the business)
- Select, implement and optimise the technology that will allow accurate project accounting, reporting, forecasting, resourcing and billing
- Consider and oversee the approach to risk management for the business and remain abreast of all legal and regulatory aspects of the business (inc. data protection + IT)
- Define and review our approach to pricing and commercial agreements
- Become the voice of finance for the whole agency
- Oversee the management of our statutory accountants and be the key point of contact for the year-end accounts process (working with our accountants & financial controller)
- Review the performance marketing landscape and assist CEO with International expansion plans and strategic M&A
- Previously worked at a digitally literate business (ideally agency or client side)
- You love to be strategic but also be hands-on and accountable enough to get under the skin of projects
- You are extremely commercially minded and have a real passion for business growth
- You have experience of scaling a fast growth business (100 - 300+ people)
- You are a fantastic communicator and empathetic to the needs of the business and our clients
- You will have mentored and managed finance teams
- You have experience of international markets - ideally the US
- You are a qualified accountant - 7 years + post qualification experience
- £110k - £150k based on experience + benefits + performance related pay
- Leeds, Manchester or London (Hybrid)
Journey Further takes pride in creating an environment where everyone can be themselves. This starts with recruitment.
We pledge to make our roles as open as possible and to provide equal opportunities to everyone that is kind enough to give us their time. All recruitment decisions we take will be based solely on the positive skills and behaviours that applicants display and absolutely nothing else.
We do not discriminate based on any personal characteristic, we are a people first agency and we care about and celebrate individuals. If something is important to you, it's important to us.
If you have a particular need during the application process or during your time at Journey Further, please let us know.