Cera is a digital-first healthcare-at-home company delivering care, nursing, telehealth and repeat prescription services in people's homes via technology. In under five years, Cera has expanded to 10,000+ staff across the UK and Germany, delivering 40,000+ healthcare visits a day, and has grown from zero to nearly $300M revenues.
Every day, Cera delivers healthcare services equivalent to 40 hospitals or 1,000 care homes, and has grown 100-fold over the past two years making it one of the fastest growing businesses in Europe.
Cera currently holds more than 160+ partnerships with the NHS and local authorities, and the company's technology is used by 2,000+ businesses nationwide. It's technology predicts health deteriorations in patients 30-fold faster than traditional care companies, with its Professional Carers and Nurses responding to over 5,000 'high risk' alerts each day.
Since the outset of the COVID-19 pandemic, Cera has delivered 10 million healthcare visits in people's homes, created 10,000 jobs, and licensed it's recruitment technology to the UK Government Department of Health to recruit 50,000+ people into healthcare careers.The role:
The Paralegal (Commercial) role sits within a small, supportive, and hard-working Legal Team, who manage a range of commercial legal matters for Cera including Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A), equity investments, debt finance, company restructures, supplier agreements, legal claims, and related matters.
The Legal Team consistently work on high value legal matters and prides itself on a creative, collaborative, can-do approach.
The Paralegal (Commercial) will be involved in the delivery of efficient, effective and high quality legal support to the business to meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
We are looking for:
- You will be working within the Corporate team alongside specialists from other legal areas.
- You will have significant experience working with GDPR regulations
- You will be expected to assist with a wide range of Corporate matters including but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, private equity, shareholder reorganisations, legal claims, etc.
- You will be expected to liaise with external Counsel and with Senior Management, and Directors across the company.
What we offer
- Have demonstrable experience (ideally 5 years +) as a Corporate Paralegal at a fast paced, high-performing firm and be able to demonstrate a strong track record.
- Ideally experience of working within a regulated industry
- Demonstrate exceptional communication, time management and organisational skills which will allow you to manage a large workload successfully.
- Have solid presentation and stakeholder handling skills and be commercially astute (take an active part in business development for the company).
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as on own initiative.
- Be a problem solver - this is a heavily autonomous role
- Be ready to hit the ground running and become an integral part of the Legal Department from day one.
- Positive attitude, high level of integrity and intellectual curiosity: a willingness to learn new skills and take on greater levels of responsibility.
Life at Cera
- We offer flexible working hours and remote working arrangements,
- 25 days holiday + your birthday off on top of bank holidays
- Mobile phone, laptop and full remote IT package setup to work remotely.
- Company pension scheme
- Training and development for your role and future career development
- Competitive salary, discretionary bonus and long term employee schemes
- Lifeworks discount platform and Employee Assistance Programme
- Refer a Friend scheme
- Service and Recognition awards
We champion diversity, inclusion and well-being to create a workplace where you value yourself and feel proud of who you are. We believe in a world where you have the freedom to explore and express yourself without judgement, no matter who you are or where you're from. Where individuality is a source of confidence, because difference makes the world a better place. People from cultural or gender diverse backgrounds, women and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Our team is made up of academics, innovators, start-up accelerators and care experts, all connected by a vision to build a better future for care through the combination of best-in-class carers, empowered by technology.
The COVID-19 pandemic has seen everybody at Cera shift to remote working. We are currently introducing a hybrid working model for specific roles. This is something we will continually review in conjunction with the changing restrictions in each of our locations. Ultimately we trust our colleagues to get the work done wherever suits them best, let us know your preferred way of working.