We help the world see new possibilities and inspire change for better tomorrows. Our analytic solutions bridge content, data, and analytics to help business, people, and society become stronger, more resilient, and sustainable.Job DescriptionProduct Manager, Life, Health & Travel (LHT), Verisk
Verisk - LHT has over 20 years' experience of providing rating tools to the insurance market globally and is part of Verisk Analytics. Verisk LHT provides medical and veterinary underwriting software to insurance providers that enables the rating of pre-existing medical conditions to allow informed underwriting decisions to be made on travel, pet and health related insurance products. Clients range from multinational and specialist insurers to insurance brokers and aggregators.Main Purpose Of The Job Including Responsibilities
This role is key to the successful development and delivery of Verisk LHT's worldwide product propositions. It sits at the intersection of Business Development, Marketing, Medical, Client Services and technology, with the job holder being pivotal in the roll-out and ongoing development of Verisk Risk Rating's flagship 'Risk Rating Tool' and other products as prioritised by Verisk LHT Senior Leadership team, to support its product and geographical expansion ambitions.The responsibilities in this role will include, but is not limited to:
QualificationsSkills / Experience:
- Supporting the Leader of Product Development, in conjunction with Verisk LHT's Senior Leadership team, to define Verisk LHT's longer term product roadmap. The roadmap is critical for Verisk LHT (Product Team and Senior Leadership Team) as it defines our immediate and long-term plan for product development and is the underlying driver in terms of setting priorities and delivery dates.
- Assuming responsibility for the delivery of changes to one or more of Verisk LHT's products, as requested by the Leader of Product development, including developing detailed requirements, functional specifications, flowcharts and working within IT's delivery framework and sprint cycles.
- Identifying activities needed to accomplish objectives as set out by the Leader of Product Dev and completing those activities and fulfilling objectives, while regularly updating the status to the Product team and the Senior Leadership team
- Identifying opportunities for product enhancements and new features and working with Verisk IT engineers to understand the build and delivery requirements. This will require a basic understanding of technology, infrastructure and IT development and delivery process.
- Working closely with IT in an Agile delivery set up and planning, monitoring and managing delivery requirements for each sprint, and working with the relevant business teams to inform and manage delivery / roll-out plans.
- Owning the creation of functional requirements as 'user stories' that outline what changes are needed to be built by the solution design team, the PO will document the acceptance criteria to assist QA of the final product
- Championing user experience and being the 'Voice of the customer' throughout the requirements development, hand over and solution design process with IT
- Executing the successful rollout of Verisk LHT products internationally with local business teams, ensuring that region-specific differences are planned for, documented and properly maintained within datasets.
- Providing training support to Verisk LHT colleagues with respect to product features during the process of onboarding new clients and auditing integrations.
- Developing product documentation including pre and post sales - which clearly communicate the benefits of new products, product or data changes across the global Verisk LHT team.
- Ensuring all required reporting (roadmaps, project updates, business cases, budget tracking etc.) is accurate, timely and complete.
- 3-5years experience as a Product Manager, Business Analyst or similar Role.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to solve business problems through IT solutions
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience of working in an Agile environment that have provided the candidate with a detailed understanding of the Agile delivery methodology and the various roles that facilitate delivery within the framework
- Experience of collaborating with multiple stakeholders and managing cross-department relationships
- Proven track record of working within a sprint team in the capacity of a Product Owner delivering against project plans / tight schedules
- Effective in contributing effectively towards the objectives of a team and in sharing knowledge, ideas and information
- Knowledge & experience of insurance industry is beneficial but not a must
- Strong Communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Building and Maintaining Relationships
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Issue Identification, Problem Solving and Analysis
- Analytical thinking
- 'Can do' attitude
ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career.We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for thefifthconsecutive year. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.Verisk's Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Consumer Privacy Notice