We have a very exciting opportunity for recent graduates to join the Bank's brand new Climate Risk Analyst Team for a 3 month contract. It is a great opportunity to gain invaluable experience at a prestigious financial institution.
If you are passionate about the Climate and how it relates to financial institutions, and you think you have what it takes don't hesitate to apply.
The Climate Risk Analyst team is an integral role in supporting Standard Chartered to manage climate risk for clients across Corporate, Commercial and Institutional Banking ("CCIB") and ultimately achieve its Net Zero roadmap.
This newly created role requires the successful individual to join a cross-border team, preparing climate risk assessments for all in-scope CCIB clients, assessing impact on credit risk, and spotting opportunities for transition finance.
· The Climate Risk analyst will be responsible for completing the Climate Risk Questionnaire and Climate Risk Assessment by gathering all the relevant data from trusted sources, disclosures, annual reports and client engagement.
· The analyst will ensure that the data is consistent for consumption by the "Model/Decision Engine", ensure traceability of data where not sourced by the system and make sure that the output is verified by a responsible "Checker" before the assessment is shared to other internal stakeholders.
· The analyst will support the frontline FAM/GAM teams to resolve Risk Triggers raised during previous reviews.
· The analyst will adhere to SLA's and KPI's and minimize overdues.
· Timely drafting of Climate Risk Questionnaire and Assessment in line with the Bank's Net Zero roadmap defined KPI's.
· Analyse the dynamics and nature of the Client's industry, including key Climate Risk aspects.
· Analyse the management strength, experience and track record and corporate governance and Climate Risk disclosures.
· Articulation of the Client's Climate Risk strategy and an assessment of its clarity and associated execution risks.
· Assessment of Climate Risk funding strategy (both Capex and Opex).
· Assessment of clients current Climate Risk score, their past performance in meeting Climate related commitments and their future execution plans.
· Assessment of other pertinent risk aspects associated with Climate change, including country risk, parental and/or governmental linkage/support or policies.
· Testing and Monitoring credit risk triggers related to Climate Risk.
· Reporting on operational metrics, engaged in MI reporting and regulatory reporting.
Our Ideal Candidate:
· Graduates / Graduate caliber.
· Analytical strength - to spot emerging risks, in particular forward looking industry trends.
· Gravitas and communication - to engage with Relationship Managers, Clients and Management alike have the ability to challenge in a constructive manner.
· Collaborative - to work in partnership with stakeholders to 'get things done', fulfilling the Job Purpose.
· Strong analytical ability, focused on the assessment and calibration of Climate Risk.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills (in English), with proven ability to work across cultures and within a dynamic environment.
· Able to hold credible dialogue at all levels of the organisation, as well as with clients.
· Well organized, able to multi-task and balance competing demands.
· Can work in a collaborative environment, a faster learner and demonstrates a "can do" attitude.