Calling all Digital Communications Officers, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a talented and creative Digital Communications Officer to join our team to support our communications strategy and events programme.Who are we?
We are the British Property Federation, the voice of the UK real estate industry. Our membership reflects the diverse nature of our industry - property owners, developers, funders (equity and debt), agents and advisers. We champion the importance of real estate and our members' work to people's lives, and are committed to building a more diverse and inclusive real estate industry.
We work to influence government regulation and policy to make sure our sector can thrive and deliver even greater positive social impact - for example in increasing housing supply through championing the growth of institutional investment into the rental sector and in developing new construction methods and ways of managing buildings to reduce their carbon impact.Our valuesIntegrity and honesty
We operate with integrity by saying what we mean and delivering what we promise.Excellence and professionalism
We are professional in our dealings and strive for excellence in everything we do to deliver value to our members and stakeholders.Collaboration and Teamwork
We share common goals and we support and challenge each other to achieve them. We respect and recognise the value of different perspectives, knowledge and skills and seek to optimise them in our work.Creativity and curiosity
We encourage new ideas and look for creative solutions.A positive work environment
We are proud to represent the real estate industry, and we create a positive trusting work environment that supports wellbeing, celebrates success and helps all of us to reach our full potential.
BPF is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees and membership.The Role
The role of the Digital Communications Officer is to support the BPF to drive and expand our digital marketing & communications strategy to support its business goals.
We are looking for a creative individual with a flair for social media, who is motivated to continuously improve the way we connect our services with our members. With the aim of driving our integrated digital and communications strategy to enhance our online presence whilst communicating to members, external stakeholders and reflecting our brand, you will manage our social media, email marketing and website, whilst providing support on a number of projectsKey roles and responsibilities
- Manage and update the BPF website, monitor website performance via Google Analytics and track URLs on a day-to-day / campaign basis
- Generate creative ideas for content. Implement improvements to boost online presence, SEO and website structure that enhance user experience and increase engagement
- Responsible for regular and consistent activity on social media channels, including Twitter and LinkedIn. To support communication of industry and policy priorities, membership and events to relevant audiences
- Collaborate proactively with colleagues, members and wider industry stakeholders
- Develop and deliver ongoing digital engagement strategies for social media channels, ensuring digital output is optimised and engaging, Continuously improve our social media presence and engagement to promote the BPF brand and our work.
- Present new potential digital and social media channels to identify and grow BPF audiences
- Create and manage email campaigns on Concep, including event invitations, the weekly newsletter and other policy bulletins
- Create compelling visual and written content for social media, email campaigns and the website
- Carry out other activities as required
- Experience using a CMS to maintain and update websites
- Adept in social media for business including experience in social media analytics
- Excellent IT skills, including Microsoft Office in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience using Adobe InDesign and Illustrator
- Attention to detail
- Minimum of two years' experience in digital marketing
- Ability to prioritise tasks, keep calm and maintain high standards under pressure
- Creative and innovative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What we offer
- Understanding of digital best practice principles, including the importance of user experience and good content
- Experience using CRM (Microsoft Dynamics)
- Experience writing for the web and knowledge of best practice
- Knowledge of email marketing platforms (Concep)
- Experience using paid/promotional posts on social media
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
We offer challenging work in a respectful and collaborative working environment. We foster a creative learning culture where everyone shares their knowledge, and we have a generous professional development budget. We are currently operating in a hybrid work environment and expect this to continue. Our office is based in Piccadilly Circus, London.
Dependent on experience you will receive a salary of c£30-35k, 25 days annual leave and a great pension.
We also offer a range of benefits to support your wellbeing, financial health and work-life balance.
· Flexible working - we'll support you, wherever possible
· Medicash Health Cash Plan
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Group life insurance
· Christmas closure
. Private Medical Health Insurance
. Buying and Selling of annual leave
· Rental deposit loan and/or Season ticket loan
· Enhanced maternity, shared parental leave and paid paternity leave.
Closing date for applicants: Friday 17 June.