Full Stack Engineer
One Big Circle - Bristol
Full-Time 37.5 hours over 5 Days
£30k-£50k Salary dependent on experience
About One Big Circle
Formed in 2017, One Big Circle is a fast-growing Bristol technology company that provide "Intelligent Video" solutions. We focus entirely on solving real-world industry problems by fusing new technology in the field of Video, IOT, Cloud and AI providing end to end solutions which allow our customers to dramatically improve their operational efficiency and safety. Our culture is one of high-quality technical delivery and we work at a speed that many industries are unaccustomed to; we have done this by building a team dynamic that challenges and empowers our people and creating an environment where everyone contributes and learns. We are growing, profitable and have ambitious plans to continue expansion in and beyond our existing markets.
We are looking for a proactive and motivated individual to join our team to support the business in further growing our flagship product: AIVR. AIVR (Automated Intelligent Video Review) is a state-of-the-art video technology system used by thousands of people in the rail industry. It is relatively new to our market, rapidly evolving and there are lots of people excited about what more it can achieve. AIVR | Intelligent Video
We believe in a happy, inclusive & supportive workplace where everyone can work to their best ability. We are growing quickly and need to recruit another valued member of the team. Could that be you?
We are looking for junior to mid level full stack engineers to bolster our tech and delivery team. This role involves working on our main SaaS web-based video and imagery product using React, Python, MySQL and AWS. You will need to be able to work across front and back-end but we are happy for you to be more specialised towards either. Knowledge/experience of all the elements in our tech stack is not required as there is plenty of opportunity and time allocated to grow and learn 'on the job'. You will be working in a team of approximately 6-8.
• Plan, develop, test and iterate new features and capabilities as well as make changes and fixes to the existing codebase.
• Contribute to making good technical and product decisions as and when they arise.
• Work collaboratively across the business.
• Own your work - take responsibility for your code from end to end.
• Get involved with our customers/end-users to understand their use-cases and real world problems so you can translate that into your work.
Personal Qualities and Experience
• Basic understanding of interacting with relational databases.
• Experience with frontend web development, ideally in React or a similar framework.
• Understanding of client/server API architecture.
• Experience of AWS API Gateway, Lambda or keen to learn.
• Experience in Python or keen to learn.
• Self-organised and motivated, passionate about being involved in creating and owning what you are working on.
• Analytical mindset with strong attention to detail.
Company Benefits Include:
• Basic salary
• Auto enrolment Pension Scheme
• 25 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
• Life Assurance
• Private Healthcare Cover
• Share Options
• Work related training courses as required
• Complimentary snacks and refreshments including fresh fruit
• Communal working area plus dedicated desk space
• Office-based role with flexible working and the option of one day per-week working from home
• Access to Bike to Work Scheme
• Secure bike storage and shower facilities
• Social events
You would be a valued part of a small but growing team where your ideas and opinions are valued as we continue the exciting journey of One Big Circle.
To apply please send a covering letter along with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org