Principle Software Engineer - Largest Online Travel Company - £100k + 17.5% bonus + shares
Location: Oxford, UK. (hybrid or fully remote)
A travel company that operates all over the world, with hundreds of millions visits each month. It offers solutions for all travels looking for hassle-free hotel and transport bookings, experiences and restaurants via its application and online platform.
You will be:
- Leading the design and implementation of the supply platform and help build a scalable inventory management system with connectivity to a large number of partners.
- Responsible for implementation of alerting and monitoring tools for performance and optimising of said performance.
- Responsible for the quality of code, business critical systems delivery, troubleshooting complex issues and their resolution.
- Leading and educating junior developers, providing them with critical review feedback and contributing to and supporting team values and processes.
- A BSc in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Experience working in a large scale, full stack, full lifecycle software development, preferably in hotel connectivity tech landscape, with a domain-oriented microservices architecture.
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms, cache design, APIs, and experience in building high performance systems.
- Experience working as a lead, coordinating the work of other engineers.