Rutherford Briant are recruiting for an experienced Programme Manager to work within an agile software solutions business. This is an integral role that will require the candidate to be able to manage multiple projects, from conception, through testing and delivering the end result. The Programme Manager will also be responsible for monitoring and managing the Consultants, Developers, support staff and the wider team to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
As a rapidly growing small business this will be a demanding role, and you must be able to work under pressure and have a proven track record. You will be a self-motivated and dynamic, someone able to challenge and influence others, develop and maintain collaborative working relationships across IT and non-IT departments.
- Ensuring that all billable resource within the business is utilised as efficiently as possible by ensuring resource availability and allocation
- Providing weekly and monthly reports on billable utilisation and working with the Finance team to ensure days are reconciled and released as appropriate.
- Working with the Director of Professional Services to ensure that the business has the correct WTE / Headcount in the technical team, helping identify any gaps in skills, knowledge and capacity to achieve the billable utilisation required and ensuring the business can smooth out any high and low demand for our services as well as agreeing the longer term technical and quality strategy with the Project Board
- Advising the sales team on expected lead times to ensure customer expectations are met before any work commences
- Attending sales meeting where needs be to be aware of any potential impending projects or demand on the technical team to assist in pre-sales
- Working with the service delivery manager to ensure the business can balance both BAU and billable work to ensure optimum customer satisfaction.
- Monitoring any new deals sold to add into the workload
- Providing resourcing forecasts so that the senior management team can proactively plan
- Ensuring that the project delivers the required products and services to defined standards of quality within agreed cost, time and other constraints
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders, and ensuring technical feasibility
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders on a day-to-day basis
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Organising key product acceptance and sign-off
Skills & Knowledge:
- • Minimum 3 Years Project Management experience (ideally within the IT sector)
- High level of education
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development
- Strong working knowledge of Project tools and applications such as Microsoft Office
- PRINCE II & AGILE certification is a plus
Hybrid working25 days holiday + BHPrivate Healthcare PlanCompany Pension SchemeCompany Profit Bonus Scheme
If you would like to make a difference within your next role then this could be the right role for you. Apply now, what's holding you back!