Job Title: Chassis Component Engineer - Damper / SensorsLocation: Gaydon, WarwickshireRate: £25.00ph via an Umbrella Company (Inside IR35) or £18.96ph PAYEEmployment Type: Contract (31/03/2023)Hours: Standard 40 Hours Per WeekReference: J38127Job Description:
The successful candidate will have responsibility for design and engineering delivery to production of Damper / Sensor Components for Suspension Systems.
The candidate will:
- Develop/design components through close working relationships with interfacing teams (e.g. BIW, Chassis, Powertrain, Electrical, Manufacturing, Service).
- Manage Damper / Sensor suppliers to deliver required designs for prototype builds and production.
- Apply Failure Mode Avoidance techniques (FMEA).
- Manage Design Verification Plan for testing conducted at the supplier and the company and record using the our client's requirement management system (RMDV).
- Release and manage engineering designs using our client's systems (e.g. WERS, AIMS).
- Demonstrated competence at delivering technical solutions.
- Effective planning and delivery to quality, cost and timing targets
- Demonstrable understanding of chassis suspension components.
- Understanding of Engineering Quality principals, primarily DFMEA Experience in developing, reviewing, validating component designs
- Project supplier management experience
- BOM releasing experience
- Engineering degree.
- Good working experience in an engineering role.