Who are we?
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to our 15 million customers by supplying 2.6 billion litres of water through 32,000 km's of pipes, to keep taps flowing and toilets flushing. We are an essential service and have operated throughout the Covid19 pandemic. At Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open.What you'll be doing?
The Front-End Developer is a software engineering professional, specialising in the development of solutions for user interaction. This role will actively participate in the design, development, automated testing and implementation of digital products. They will also help the team identify and adopt good software development and delivery practices, striving for continuous improvement within the team.The role is responsible for building user interaction software by writing code, as well as modifying software to improve quality, adapting it to new infrastructure and improving its performance. You will work as part of an agile team to ensure the rapid release of high-quality, fit for purpose products that add value to Thames Water's stakeholders.We're looking for you to do
What Skills are we looking for?
- Produce high-quality code to aid in the delivery of digital products
- Provide technical leadership within the team
- Consistently deliver to challenging business objectives and adhere to Service Level Agreements and KPIs
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and make recommendations for improvement
- Utilise Agile Technical practices; Test Driven development (TDD), Continuous Integration and Delivery, Pair Programming
- Introduce appropriate processes and tools to optimise delivery and quality of software products
- Collaborate within agile teams to ensure quality project/product execution and software development cycle
What's in it for you?
- Demonstrable experience as a Front-End Developer
- Demonstrable practical experience with a wide variety of software development techniques and strategies
- Significant experience of React, Redux, Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), Styled Components, Typescript, Sitecore
- Sitecore certification would be an advantage
- Some experience of working in an environment with Kubernetes, Terraform, Helm, Azure
- Experience of working with an agile team to deliver high quality solutions
- Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, Test Driven development (TDD), Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing
Our competitive salary & package includes, an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service and a wider benefits scheme. We're proud of the positive ways of working we have adopted during the pandemic. We want to create a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive. For our office-based roles we're moving to a hybrid approach where we'll provide options around working from our offices, our operational sites and home dependent on role/team/individual. This will be discussed during the assessment process.Thames Water is a unique, rewarding, and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you'll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements, and unparalleled benefits. We're also proud to be an equal opportunity employer and a Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader.Click here to find out more about?working at Thames Water.