RAC are now recruiting for a level 2 qualified Vehicle Assessment Technician
who will be based in Derby
to join our BCA Team. This is a permanent opportunity for someone who has experience within the automotive industry.
You can expect to provide a quality, professional and effective Assessment of Clients vehicles against pre-specified criteria.Role Purpose
- Promote the RAC and its services by projecting an efficient and professional image at all times.
- Carry out vehicle checks to a high standard on clients' premises against set criteria within set time frames.
- Contribute to the effective operation and commercial benefit of RAC business by providing a vehicle Mechanical Report to RAC business customers/organisations.
- Ability to proactively seek solutions to onsite issues to resolve client problems in relation to the service provided by the RAC
- Create reports where required for investigation work and performance analysis.
- Must be literate/numerate and able to write/read English.
- Able to work on site without direct supervision from their line manager/superior.
- Working times will be flexible and may cover bank holidays and evenings and weekends.
- Ensure the optimum use of time and costs when undertaking diagnostic work.
- Ensure any equipment issued is kept safe and used as per training and is recharged every night or as required.
- Use all PPE issued equipment as required and ensure compliance with any site-specific H+S instructions given by the RAC's clients. Maintain a high level of knowledge in the field of automotive systems ensuring that all equipment tooling can be used in an efficient and correct manner.
- Work to RAC issued codes of conduct covering personal standards
- Maintain to a high standard of serviceability and cleanliness all of the equipment, Uniform and tooling issued, reporting any loss, theft or breakage to line manager immediately
The ideal candidate will have proven Automotive experience with at least a Level 2 Mechanical Qualification.
To be considered for the role you will also need a valid driving licence with no more than 6 points.
This is a fantastic role for someone who is looking to join a large Organisation and put their skills to great use. We are looking for candidates who are currently in the motor trade and have a full understanding and previous experience of car inspections and appraisal work, if you have previous MOT experience that would also be desirable!The working hours for this role will be between Monday to Friday 08:15 - 17:45 with a weekend roster.