Cash and Accounting Manager Permanent Up to £45,000 + 15% Bonus + Benefits Walsall | 3 days in
Are you experienced in Cash Accounting wanting to take on your next step up in a business that not only rewards you, but to be part of a huge group of people 'team & family'.
The Cash Accounting function is primarily responsible for the processing and reconciliation of multi-currency cash and bank transactions of the group, which has a turnover of more than £1.8 billion.About the role...
This role reports into the Head of Treasury and Tax and will demand the establishment of strong working relationships within the Cash and Financial Accounts teams.
The role will require strong leadership of the team. They will also need to recommend and implement changes to the team structure and roles as and when necessary.
Good working relationships across other business functions such as Accounts payable, Financial accounts, Profit protection, and external stakeholders such as the banks will be required.
The Cash Accountant Manager will be primarily responsible for managing the cash team in the delivery of key financial activities including daily cash postings, corporate bank and cash in transit reconciliations.
The individual will need a good understanding of the cash function in a large business, with high volume transactions, and managing multi-currency accounts.
Extensive experience of team management will be needed in order to develop, lead and support the team in delivery of their tasks.Key Accountabilities/Responsibilities/Actions:
What we need;
- Lead and manage a team of 5 people.
- Implement the necessary changes to the cash team to ensure the efficient delivery of tasks.
- Oversee the preparation of timely bank reconciliations.
- Lead investigations of unreconciled cash of both corporate and cash in transit bank accounts; liaising with relevant business functions, accounts payable and profit protection.
- Lead the changes needed for cash reporting for key stakeholders such as Profit protection
- Authorise internal transfers between corporate and cash in transit bank accounts.
- Oversee the management of monies in safe, ensuring cheques received are banked in a timely manner.
- Provide ad hoc assistance and cover within the UK cash team as and when this is needed.
- Assist Financial accounts with half and year end Audits.
Need to be:
- Management / Supervisor experience
- Experience of dealing with external stakeholders such as banks, cash collection providers, and profit protection would be preferred.
- CIMA/ ACCA/ ACA qualified, or Qualified by experience, someone who has experience working in a large business function, in high volume and multi-currency transactions.Proven track record of attention to detail and ability to work to strict deadlines and prioritise tasks accordingly
- Flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced environment, comfortable with a relatively unstructured working environment and able to use own initiative
- Ability to communicate with colleagues at all levels
- Familiarity with retail or multi-site environment would be helpful.
- Extensive experience of team management.
- Problem solver
- Work on own initiative and implement solutions.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to work across other business functions.
- Good communication skills.
- Good IT skills, particularly Excel. Ideally (but not essential) knowledge of Oracle Fusion.
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence.
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves".
- Being an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive and inclusive work environment.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing business needs