Our client a major Blue Chip Utilities business, with a fantastic reputation for staff welfare and development require a Qualified Accountant in a Financial Modelling role.
You will be modelling projects for major and iconic infrastructure upgrades and in many cases looking at green energy alternatives for the future.
The Financial Modeller will actively lead the financial modelling workstream to support sales, marketing and the bidding for new work typically up to £100 million capital cost. You will create and own the complex financial and commercial models to identify competitive advantage opportunities, deliver value engineering and ultimately ensure bids are competitive, our investments are cognisant of the risks and opportunities as well as assessing the impact on the business's short and long-term earnings forecasts.
Skills & Responsibilities
You will have extensive experience in an analytical or commercial role within finance, consulting or business development.
You will have excellent numerical and financial acumen and a curiosity and capacity to understand complex financial, commercial and project issues.
- Fully qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA (or equivalent)
- Clear understanding of accounting principles (e.g. P&L/cash-flow/BS build-up, depreciation/tax calcs)
- Experience working with modelling standards e.g. FAST standard
- Experience of asset acquisition
- Modelling scenario building and model review experience
- Experience of M&A acquisitions will be beneficial.
- Experience of working on long term contract such as PFI would be beneficial