A Senior Quality Engineer is required for a permanent days based role for a mechanical assembly business near Chadderton, Greater Manchester. The role is paying up to £45k plus an attractive bonus and additional benefits such as health care and an enhanced pension.Client Details
The client is a British-based equipment manufacturer that has a site near Chadderton in Greater Manchester. It has over 3000 employees Worldwide and offers excellent career progression opportunities across the Globe.Description
As the Senior Quality Engineer your duties will include however will not be limited to:
- active involvement in Customer Concerns/Complaints/Queries, driving root cause identification, corrective actions and preventative actions.
- using problem solving techniques to investigate external and internal issues.
- create awareness of quality metrics by strong communication to the business.
- assisting in the development of KPIs to underpin objectives and drive activities to meet objectives
- devising methodologies for improving process inspection & verification through the use of control plans, visual SOPs, poke yoke, visual standards, quality alerts, gauges and calibration adherence.
- developing and executing a process audit plan.
- Internal audits
- ensuring timely management of internal and external system and product non conformities.
- developing and implementing significant improvements in department wide processes, procedures and systems.
- supporting NPI projects as required
The successful Senior Quality Engineer will have:
- previously worked in a similar Quality Engineer position within manufacturing - ESSENTIAL
- a relevant Engineering degree or equivalent - ESSENTIAL
- strong written, verbal, problem solving and analytical skills - ESSENTIAL
- supported Quality Management techniques and QMS previously (ISO 9001) - ESSENTIAL
- previously worked customer facing and be a strong relationship builder - ESSENTIAL
- a strong understanding of various quality tools and methodologies i.e. PPAP, CAPA methodology, 8D problem solving, 5 Why's, SPC, 6 Sigma (DMAIC), Lean Analysis, Pareto charts and statistical data - ESSENTIAL
- Six Sigma - HIGHLY DESIRABLE
This is permanent days based (8am - 4pm) role paying c£40-45k plus excellent bonus and additional benefits. The site is based near Chadderton in Greater Manchester