Guidant Global is working with the UK's trusted Ministry of Defence partner, MBDA, seeking a skilled Systems Engineer (Deep Strike Mission Planning) to join a small, driven, and dynamic team within the Mission Planning & Control department. The successful candidate will focus on delivering a Mission Planning product for the UK domestic customer at the Bristol site.
As a Systems Engineer, you'll work on an essential Mission Planning product within the Storm Shadow weapon system. The project is a multi-phase development focused on both hardware and software obsolescence and functional enhancements.What you'll get to do as a Systems Engineer (Deep Strike Mission Planning):
What we're looking for:
- Work within a cross-functional team spanning Systems, Software, Guidance, Control & Navigation, Simulation & Modelling, etc.
- Conduct systems engineering activities within a contract with heavy end-user involvement.
- Author key documents, both internal and for the Customer/End User.
- You will provide critical inputs to requirements capture, design freezes.
- Undertake system integration work and informal and formal testing.
- Produce verification/validation evidence and support the certification process and system acceptance.
More about the role:
- Strong understanding of the System Engineering Process is essential, with significant recent experience in a system engineering role ideally across the entire lifecycle.
- Experience in tools for Requirements Capture and Control (DOORS) and Configuration Management essential (use of RTC is highly beneficial)
- Ability to communicate and work effectively in a collaborative environment physically and virtually.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to author or contribute to technical reports and documentation, are essential.
- Experience in technical problem-solving.
- Understanding mission planning would be of benefit.
- Excellent 'can-do attitude and pro-active behaviours are essential.
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
MBDA's relationship with the UK military spans back over 70 years. They have delivered countless landmarks in defence engineering, supplying vital defence capability to meet the needs of the armed forces over land, sea, and air.
This role is based at MBDA's, Bristol's state of the art site, which plays a key part in missiles operations. The location offers excellent transportation links, outstanding learning and development opportunities, and social, charitable, and sporting activities.
Guidant Global is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.