North West LondonSecondary SEND schoolASAP startFull Time / Term Time Role£80 - £90 per day
Are you looking for a full-time SEND Learning Support Assistant role in the North West London area?
Veritas are working with a secondary SEND school based in North West London. You will be working alongside children aged 11 - 18 with mild to moderate needs that can require high levels of care and support. This may include Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), Severe Learning Difficulties (SLD), Autism, physical needs including wheelchair assistance, ADHD, ASD, Downs Syndrome and communication needs.
You must be committed, caring and compassionate to do this role. Some previous experience working with SEND children or adults in a school/college setting would also be ideal.
Your role as a SEND Learning Support Assistant would include:
- Working alongside children with additional needs in the classroom/1:1/small groups/whole class activities
- Supporting the teacher with the smooth running of each lesson including managing challenging behaviour
- High levels of professionalism
- Enthusiastic and friendly approach towards vulnerable learners
- The ability to adapt to each situation and individual
- Experience working in an SEND environment
- Providing personal care where necessary, may include hoisting, changing/toileting, feeding, mobility would be a bonus
- Qualifications or courses in Psychology/Childhood studies/Special needs would be beneficial
- Subject to an enhanced DBS check and 2 satisfactory references
If you match this criteria then this school could be the perfect fit for you!
If you are interested in finding out more, please apply for this role immediately or send your CV to Nadine -
Veritas Education are currently working on various vacancies so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give us a call to discuss further opportunities on .APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.Disclaimer
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'