Position: Area Site TechnicianLocation: Banbury and surrounding areasSalary: competitiveBenefits: Company Car/Van, company pension scheme, BUPA (couple cover), 33 days holiday (including bank holidays)
We are advertising this Area Site Technician role on behalf of our client 'City Facilities Management'. City were established in 1985 and the company has grown to become one of the world's largest privately held, integrated FM companies.
City has a unique business model and for over 30 years has provided leading maintenance, engineering, technical procurement & support in dedicated partnerships with National Blue Chip companies. City also has a global presence with offices in the UK, Europe, North America, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia.
The culture and values of City are shaped by being a family business with people at the heart of what they do. The business has ambitious growth plans and is keen to attract people who are passionate about delivering great standards and service to customers. In return you will receive a competitive salary and benefits package, industry leading Induction and training through our City & Guilds training academy and the opportunity to develop and progress is only limited by your own ambition.Job Purpose:
This is a key position, carrying out planned and reactive maintenance across a number of site locations.
You will be the first line in all maintenance issues throughout your allocated sites. You may be required to request specialist attendance following initial call out.
The purpose of this role is to carry out technical repairs and PPM's. You will ensure that all technical and compliance paperwork is completed and up to date at all times.
All work will be completed to the highest standards in an efficient and cost-effective manner, whilst complying with all Health and Safety legislation. Key Accountabilities:
- Complete the Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedule within agreed timescales and to ensure all necessary paperwork is completed accurately.
- Respond promptly and positively to service call requests from the Helpdesk and to assess the requirements of the job and carry out repairs as and where necessary.
- Prioritise maintenance and repair work to achieve agreed timescales and response times.
- Deliver reactive and planned fire alarm system maintenance
- Conduct emergency lighting tests and repairs
- Follow purchase order process.
- Identify non-repairable faults in plant and machinery and promptly advise the Line Manager of findings, with recommendations regarding suitable replacement.
- Ensure that compliance documentation is completed and up to date at all times
- Advise the on-site customer (manager) of any repair and maintenance issues that are likely to affect the smooth running of the site.
- Carry out surveys and complete reports as required by City management.
- Carry out minor alterations and installations within the individual's technical competence in accordance with current specifications.
- Complete general repairs and maintenance to customer sites as designated by City management.
- Attend training courses as and where necessary and to ensure personal job skills keep pace with technical developments.
- Comply with the company Health and Safety Policy at all times.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times and develop a good working relationship with City and customer employees
- You will be part of a 24/7 call out rota.
- Work with company and customer employees to ensure laid-down standards of quality are maintained at all times
- Comply with any other reasonable request or instruction from the City management team
This role is responsible for logging material spending and purchasing. People Responsibilities:
This role is currently responsible for supervising AMT on technical works and PPM. This role is responsible for building good relationship with all colleagues and customers and has no direct reports. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Educated to GCSE / Standard Grade level as a minimum, ideally NVQ Level 3/City and guilds 236 Part 1 + 2 or equivalent in electrical installation/Maintenance.
- City and Guilds 2382 17th Edition or 18th edition(new).
- 3 phase electrics and its applications
- Ability to maintain and repair a wide range of electrical and mechanical equipment, e.g. commercial ovens, dishwashers and microwaves
- Quality of repairs and maintenance
- Speed and efficiency of work
- Response to service call requests within agreed response times
- Achievement of PPM schedule within agreed timescales
- Maintenance of the Health and Safety policy
- Client and City colleague relationships and feedback
Interested candidates should forward their CV to Andrew Bridges
at PDA SEARCH & SELECTION LIMITED