The BBI Group aim to create a world where everyone has the opportunity for a better quality of life. We have served the global diagnostics industry for over 50 years and due to our continued growth, we are seeking a Web Developer to join our team. This is a permanent, full time position based out of our facility in Edinburgh.
This role is central to our Product and will be working alongside our mobile teams. Our tech stack is:
• Python• Front-end (React or Typescript desirable)• AWS• Django
Whilst the role is based out of our Edinburgh facility, the software team have embraced remote working and much of the role can be home based within practical travelling distance of central Edinburgh for pre-arranged team meetings.Role Requirements
Key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Web Development - To produce code that is well structured, efficient, stable and secure. Best industry practices will be used in a way that allows other developers to quickly understand and input into the code.
- Database Management - Set up and monitor database maintenance activities and to optimise query performance and maximise system availability for the web
- Web Hosting - Develop strong working knowledge of complex web hosting configuration components, including firewalls, load balancers, web and database servers.
- Strong Python web frameworks experience, Django
- Unit Testing, System Testing - To undertake and ensure that all Client requirements meet their original design and behave as was intended by the end client/user.
- Ability to document their code and development approaches.
- Experience with AWS and Docker
- Ability to work with and mentor a small team of developers
To be successful in your application you will need to demonstrate a technical mindset, strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills. We are seeking an individual with an undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering or equivalent experience.
If you are an internal employee applying for this vacancy you and your manager are required to complete an internal transfer form. This needs to be completed in full and attached to your application along with your CV and cover letter.
?About The BBI Group?BBI Solutions has been serving the global diagnostics industry for over 50 years, and is the world's largest independent producer of immuno-diagnostics reagents. We develop and manufacture critical components for the diagnostic industry, but also apply our expertise by delivering solutions that bring critical components together in the development and manufacture of point of care and conventional tests. Furthermore, our Novarum Mobile Diagnostic Platform complements across the diagnostics workflow to interpret and share assay results. This makes BBI unique among IVD suppliers. ?Our range of immuno-diagnostics reagents includes human antigens, antibodies, enzymes and serum & plasma products. With manufacturing sites spanning four continents, we produce world-renowned labels for lateral flow, ELISA assay and biosensors, including our high-quality gold nanoparticles and glucose oxidase. The acquisition of German-based DIARECT AG in June 2020 established BBI as the leading provider of antigens in the autoimmune and tick-borne IVD markets.
BBI Solutions is part of the BBI Group.
Here at BBI, we are committed to promoting and protecting the physical and mental health and well-being of all our employees. They play a pivotal role in improving the quality of people's lives and are focused on delivering exceptional products and technologies. With our employees focused on others, we're focused on them. That's why, at BBI, we're dedicated to providing our employees with access to global resources and site specific benefits that support their health and wellbeing.
Recognising that our people are our strength, we offer an attractive benefits package to our employees:
- The software development team have a well-defined career pathway supporting salary progression as technical experience and product/project responsibilities progress
- 5% Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance (4x Annual Salary)
- Private Health Care Scheme
- Global Employee Wellbeing Programme
- Reward and Recognition Programme
- Commitment to Career Development
- Generous Annual Leave Package
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- State of the Art Facilities - Certified Centres of Excellence
We're also focused on development, creating an environment that allows our employees to nurture their talent and empowers you to make a difference. This is achieved by providing our employees with access to learning opportunities to help achieve personal career goals.
If this role sounds like it's for you, click 'apply' today. Once we've received your application, a member of our recruitment team will be in touch to arrange a call. On this call, we'll be able to tell you a lot more about working here at The BBI Group, how 'a day in the life' of this position looks and discuss the next stages of the recruitment process.
?Stay in Touch
To stay up to date with The BBI Group's global activities, take a look at our Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn pages. Click follow to receive the most up to date job and event information.
Software, SoftwareDeveloper, Python, Django, Scientist, Science, Medical, MedicalDevice, LateralFlow, BBIGroup, BBISolutions, WebDeveloper,