A fantastic and prestigious firm are looking to add to their established payroll department and be able to take a hands on response to a range of clients across a range of frequencies. Be able to work autonomously as well as part of a collaborative and supportive team.
This position involve autonomously managing bespoke payroll services for a designated portfolio of clients including start to finish payroll processing, preparing payments, RTI submissions and auto-enrolment obligations. This will involve extracting payroll information from HR software, adapting files and importing data as well as interpreting client instructions from emails and spreadsheets. As an experienced payroll professional, Payroll Specialists will be involved in the training and development of less experienced team members. In addition, this role may include additional responsibilities for particular department processes or ad hoc projects, on an as required basis.
- Manage payroll processes for a portfolio of up to 30 clients (depending upon the size, complexity and nature of such clients) on behalf of various partners, including managing processes for those clients with more technically complex payrolls and/or who require more experience to manage
- Process payroll from start to finish ensuring accuracy throughout the payroll cycle, for example in processing P45's, starter declarations, pro rata calculations etc
- Process statutory payments and deductions as well as considering and updating information to incorporate company enhanced schemes
- Use payroll planning software/tools (e.g. Bureau Management System) to monitor deadlines and milestones for multiple client payrolls, identifying opportunities to refine existing procedures to deliver a better quality service
- Liaise with clients regarding payroll information and handling queries by phone, email and through client meetings, ensuring that payroll advice delivered is technically sound and relevant to client needs
- Prepare BACS submissions for salary and other third party payments
- Submit necessary RTI returns (FPS/EPS) as required * Deal with queries from third parties such as HMRC, DWP, banks, pension providers etc
- Be aware of and work within client budgets, liaising with clients and/or the Payroll Assistant Manager in relation to any additional charges/fees
- Prepare client bills on a monthly basis, as appropriate, taking responsibility for preparing letters to clients and discussing any write offs with the Payroll Director