UniCarriers are seeking a Field Forklift Engineer to join our Service team to service, maintain and repair our customer's materials handling equipment in and around Chelmsford, Essex.
UniCarriers is a brand of Mitsubishi Logisnext Europe. As the world's fourth-largest industrial truck manufacturer, we design, manufacture, sell and distribute a range of high-quality and innovative materials handling equipment.
The role of Field Forklift Engineer will be working at our customer sites based in and around Chelmsford, therefore the ideal candidate will live within an easily commutable distance from this location.
The Field Forklift Engineer Role:
As our Field Forklift Engineer you will act as a key member of the team by keeping our client's forklifts in smooth working order. You will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Performing repairs, servicing and preventative maintenance of customer materials handling equipment
- Perform mechanical, hydraulic and electrical fault diagnosis carrying out subsequent repairs in a time and cost-effective manner
- Develop and maintain client relationships ensuring the highest levels of customer service is achieved
- Liaison with the parts department to ensure appropriate stock levels are held on the company vehicle.
- Completion of documentation to company standards
Skills and Experience
To be considered for the role of Field Forklift Engineer you will be a mechanical engineer with electrical experience. Ideally you will have worked with material handling products before; however, we are open to considering candidates from other backgrounds such as: Automotive, Roadside recovery, Agricultural, REME, Construction Equipment, PSV, HGV, LGV or Plant. You must hold a UK driving licence.
To maintain our machines, candidates require a working knowledge and some practical experience of most of the following disciplines (full, in-depth product training will be given):
- Experience of working on mobile machinery (brakes, steering, wheels, lift chains etc.)
- Electrical drive and control systems
- Diesel and LPG engines and common drive-trains
- Some computer/electronic based diagnostic experience would be considered an advantage
- Experience working on Wire Guided VNA's desirable but not essential.
UniCarriers offer a huge benefits package including but not limited to:
- Overtime is payable at X 1.6 Monday - Saturday and x 2.1 on Sunday and Bank Holidays
- Bonus scheme
- Company van is available for private use if desired
- 25 days holiday (rising to 30 after 5 full years' service) + bank holidays with flexibility to sell back/buy additional holiday days
- Contributory pension scheme
- Private health scheme
- Income protection
- Life cover
- Subsidised gym membership
- In-depth product training with long term opportunities for personal growth and development
If you would like to be considered for the role of Field Forklift Engineer within a highly successful company offering comprehensive training, a great working environment and amazing benefits package please apply now!
UniCarriers is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all sectors of the community.