Project Manager role based in Ellesmere Port. Working for a growing aerospace & defence manufacturing company.
Our client is a growing aerospace and defence manufacturing company based in Ellesmere Port.
This role manages the design engineering process for a highly specialised product set, providing the highest level of engineering subject matter expertise to drive forward product development and innovation
· Leads allocated projects according to accepted methodology, ensuring appropriate governance is applied and performance metrics identified, monitored and reported to ensure adequate progress at all stages of the project lifecycle and within individual contract terms
· Documents a clearly defined project scope and performance metrics; creates workable project plans; identifies and secures the resources necessary for successful delivery
· Manages project schedules and work breakdown structures; tracks and manages delivery metrics, providing assurance that intended outcomes are achieved; coordinates and supervises activities relating to major contracts
· Establishes and maintains governance arrangements for the delivery of allocated projects and communicates progress to relevant stakeholders, governance boards and identified external partners
· Identifies, tracks and manages project risk, communicating the impact of risk on cost, quality and delivery schedule
· Ensures effective and complete project documentation; agrees the monitoring and reporting for each project and delivers accurate and timely updates on project progress to relevant governance board(s). Identifies when the project is off track or likely to become off track, reporting the situation openly and honestly and identifying appropriate remedial action
· Supports production of commercial proposals, bids and quotes, including selection of suitable sub-contractors, equipment suppliers and equipment
· Reviews contract specifications, terms and conditions to identify costs and prepare budgets for all allocated projects; manages costs to budget for all allocated projects
· Provides technical subject matter expertise to interpret and apply policy and regulatory requirements to ensure product set keeps pace with legislation, guidance and best practice; monitors the impact of market and product developments, ensuring design remains commercially successful. Recommends changes to policies, processes, standards and practices that would improve operational performance or commercial viability
· Creates an environment where everyone in the team can live the company Values
· Creates an inclusive environment where our people feel valued, appreciated and free to be who they are at work
· Understands, upholds and contributes to creating a safety-first culture within the company. Ensures a safe and healthy working environment
· Develops own capabilities by participating in assessment and development planning activities as well as formal and informal training and coaching; gains or maintains external professional accreditation where relevant to improve performance and fulfil personal potential. Maintains an in-depth understanding of technology, external regulation, and industry best practices through ongoing education, attending conferences, and reading specialist media.
To apply, your must be an accomplished Project Engineer or Project Manager with a demonstrable track record working for a manufacturing company.
· Digests complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
· Focuses on the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with consideration for continuous improvement
· Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments
· Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
· Plans and prioritises work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
· Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
· Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
· Operates effectively, even when things are uncertain, or the way forward is unclear
· Applies knowledge of business and the marketplace to advance company
· Takes on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm
· Sees ahead to future possibilities and translates them into breakthrough strategies
· Anticipates and balances the needs of multiple stakeholders
Competitive salary, excellent career development programme and opportunity to progress to senior management. This is a fantastic opportunity with a market leading SME manufacturing company who also have an attractive flexible working offering.